E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna get my windows tinted next weekend, and im not sure what % to get them, i was thinking about limo in the back and 35% or lighter in the front. im sacred of getting ticketed for the tint. ive seen to many of my friend get them and i dont wanna deal with that. But will the it look back if there is that much of a contrast between the front and back? i havent seen any pics of cars with a big difference in % from front and back

your thoughts? :dunno:

·
Registered
983 Posts
There's no real point to do 5% back, 35% sides, it's too big of a difference.

In my opinion, nice combos are:
5% back, 20% sides
20% back, 35% sides.

California tint tickets are no longer a $10 fix it. To be safe I went with 35%. It looks light when you look straight through the windows, but all other angles it looks like 20%. Not too dark, not too light. I love it.

Evidence said:
im gonna get my windows tinted next weekend, and im not sure what % to get them, i was thinking about limo in the back and 35% or lighter in the front. im sacred of getting ticketed for the tint. ive seen to many of my friend get them and i dont wanna deal with that. But will the it look back if there is that much of a contrast between the front and back? i havent seen any pics of cars with a big difference in % from front and back

·
CEO OF THE ROC
409 Posts
i went 20 all around, it looks good, just fix the dot matrix ****

·
Registered
214 Posts
None of the cars i had before have ever been tinted and i am not use to driving tinted cars at night so i decided to go 32% all around with my E46 and it looks good. Looks dark enough from different angles in daylight. Plus, i dont want to be a cop magnet.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,222 Posts
sailwind said:
Ultm46, is that Mel in your sig? She definately seemed more conservative when I met her :)
BlueCougar? :)

·
Banned
3,759 Posts
sailwind said:
California tint tickets are no longer a $10 fix it. To be safe I went with 35%. It looks light when you look straight through the windows, but all other angles it looks like 20%. Not too dark, not too light. I love it.
Got a tint ticket a few days ago, its still a fix it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Evidence said:
yea, thats what i figuered......

im thinking maybe 20% and 35%
20% rear and 35% sides blends in pretty well since the rear windshield is at an angle and allows more light to come in thus lessen the perceived darkness of the tint. If you are worried about getting in trouble over your tints, 5% shouldn't even be considered.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Evidence said:

Check out my ride..it's 35% all around and 20% back window. I love it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.