E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't remember what service, if any I've already had on my car. I bought it in 2002 with 12k miles. The original owner just had the oil changed before I bought it.

Since then, I've had it at the dealer once when the service lights told me it was time. And I've also had the oil changed(not by the dealer) two or three times since I've had the car. I don't remember what service was performed at the dealer on my car, or if it was just an oil change. I have 41,000 miles, so I figure it could either be Inspection 1 (seems kind of late), Inspection II (kinda early), or just a routine oil change. Anyone know if there is a way to find out?

Thanks,
-Brandon

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
BMW Service Schedule

Brandonb said:
Ok, I don't remember what service, if any I've already had on my car. I bought it in 2002 with 12k miles. The original owner just had the oil changed before I bought it.

Since then, I've had it at the dealer once when the service lights told me it was time. And I've also had the oil changed(not by the dealer) two or three times since I've had the car. I don't remember what service was performed at the dealer on my car, or if it was just an oil change. I have 41,000 miles, so I figure it could either be Inspection 1 (seems kind of late), Inspection II (kinda early), or just a routine oil change. Anyone know if there is a way to find out?

Thanks,
-Brandon
Go here to check on service intervals, & for a list of what is done on Insp's I & II: www.baydiagnostic.com/inspection.htm

Now I believe you should have gone to the Dealership twice, (1) for the 15,000 mile service (oil & filter) and (2) for you 30,000 mile service (oil & filter and Inspection I). Therefore, you've got your 45,000 service (oil & filter) coming up. Your Inspection II will be at 60,000 miles or so. Your onboard Service light will always tell you when you are do for your scheduled 15,000 intervals services, wether it be oil and or Inspection.

Oh, and your Full Maintainence on a 2001 was for 3 yrs/36,000 miles only, unless the former owner or you purchased the extension. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See, I've looked at that site and knew the intervals. I can't recall going to the dealer twice for service, so I'm not sure what I'm on. Maybe the dealer will figure it out.

Thanks,
-Brandon

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Check your Repair Orders!

Brandonb said:
See, I've looked at that site and knew the intervals. I can't recall going to the dealer twice for service, so I'm not sure what I'm on. Maybe the dealer will figure it out.

Thanks,
-Brandon
Hopefully you kept your copies of the Dealer R/O's, which will give you your Date of Service, Mileage in, and a description of the service performed (ie; Oil change, filter or Inspection I service). If not, the Dealer should be able to access your Warranty work on their computer by you vehicles Vin# (ID#) and get your vehicles Service history. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.