E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally I'd rather be swapping an interior. But until a nice one is found a good cleaning will suffice.

My wife likes using that shampooer, so it's all her. She'll keep doing it until the water isn't black. Looks like Guinness....

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jealous of the garage... fucking apartment sucks
I like having it for sure. We lived in an apartment when we were undergrads and not having a garage was miserable. I know I shouldn't complain about this one, but I wish I had a huge 4 bay detached garage. I didn't forsee having two bmw hobby cars to work on. I also have a 97 trans am I need to bring from Colorado that needs its motor rebuilt.

I need more space! Lol

This is good enough for now though.

Do you have anywhere near you that rents out garage bays? Sometimes there's storage unit garage bays that let you do work in them.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You Sir, are one lucky man! Now, mine would say to me "that's your job", lol. Our roadster is in need of this exact cleaning once it comes from from the heart transplant.
I know. She likes cleaning the cars out. Dirty cars are her biggest pet peeve.

We'll get home at one in the morning from a 9 hour drive road trip and, after I get all the crap out, she'll be vacuuming the car out from all the crap the kids threw all over.

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
368 Posts
Because it shows a woman working!
No way my woman will do anything to a car other than drive it. Though to be fair, she does her duty looking after the house and the 3 of us men that live in it.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's done three passes so far. Still coming out black. I told her let me take the carpets out and I'll use the power washer on it..... nope she wants to do the long way.

I can get the carpets out quicker than it's taking her to do one side. Ugh.... whatever. She's happy doing it.

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
368 Posts
Let her keep going. Nip up the pub for some anti social distancing beers and come home when she's happy with the results.

·
Banned
1,223 Posts
nothing beats removing those 4 bolts, taking out the seats and BEHOLD months of ... old crap laying around "oh damn ive been looking for this" .. an old french fry from 2020... etc lmao

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let her keep going. Nip up the pub for some anti social distancing beers and come home when she's happy with the results.
For sure!

I wish there were pubs here. I was stationed in Mildenhall UK. Lived in Bury St Edmunds near the town center. There were at least 6 pubs in walking distance from my house there. A nice Boddingtons would be so good right now.... with those lard crisps.

I could be sitting outside while the kids play on the pubs play yard.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nothing beats removing those 4 bolts, taking out the seats and BEHOLD months of ... old crap laying around "oh damn ive been looking for this" .. an old french fry from 2020... etc lmao
Tons of ash and cigarette butts. Nasty old lady had this car. :sick:

·
Registered
2001 330i (pre-facelift)
530 Posts
There was a couple dollars in change under my passenger seat. It must've been there awhile, because all the coins were stuck to each other and the carpet.

·
Registered
2002 330 Ci
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is where we are at, and I'm telling her to stop. It's clean enough!

Water isn't black anymore. Just light brown. Like a watered down coffee. So.... letting it dry and the seats go back in.

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,010 Posts
Looking really good! I pulled the seats on my beige interior last year and did a similar deep clean on the carpets. One thing that really helps reduce the number of passes you need to do is using a drill brush. I sprayed on diluted all purpose cleaner with a sprayer, agitated with the drill brush, and then extracted using the carpet cleaner with hot water only to reduce the amount of residue left in the carpet. I went over it a few times until the water coming up was clear. I follow a few different car detailing channels on Youtube, and this seems to be the method the pros tend to use.

For the leather surfaces like the arm rests I'd recommend a product called leatherique. It's a two part process and takes a little time, but it really gets the leather clean and leaves it hydrated and soft. The first step you have to let sit for a while in the sun to soak in and float up all the dirt and contaminants, and the second step is the cleaner that helps wipe away all the grossness that was released.

EDIT: added links

1 - 20 of 22 Posts