E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 330ci has the "Light" steering that the reviewers complainted about on the 01 models. From what I undertand they "Fixed" that. Is there a way to remove some of the boost BMW gave it and make the steering a little heavier? The steering feels a bit too light for me. I don't want to remove power steering fluid as some guy told me to do. That sounded stupid.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Murgen said:
My 330ci has the "Light" steering that the reviewers complainted about on the 01 models. From what I undertand they "Fixed" that. Is there a way to remove some of the boost BMW gave it and make the steering a little heavier? The steering feels a bit too light for me. I don't want to remove power steering fluid as some guy told me to do. That sounded stupid.
Well, BMW did reportedly tighten the steering back up...but still, I would go to a dealer and make sure of it. I know the people with 01/02 models could go back to the dealer and have the steering boost reduced...but it was nowhere near the levels of the 99-00 E46s. Thats one of the biggest reasons I love my 328Ci...i don't have the overboosted steering!

Good luck!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Call up BMWNA and give them your VIN to see if your car is eligible for a steering retrofit. Sounds like it is. If that's the case, they'll ask you which dealership you want to get it done at and they'll set you up, fully paid by BMW. But I hear there is a "wait list".

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
erin said:
Call up BMWNA and give them your VIN to see if your car is eligible for a steering retrofit. Sounds like it is. If that's the case, they'll ask you which dealership you want to get it done at and they'll set you up, fully paid by BMW. But I hear there is a "wait list".
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.