BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine (not me) Is currently in the process of getting an 02 330i tiag/ black interior 5spd sedan and really wanted to do the cinnamon-dye-project like neil1138. What do you guys think? Would this look good or be to weird of a combo? keep in mind this isn't my idea but I've seen cinnamon on black and alpines and it is :drool: :drool:

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
It sounds different but I would have to see pictures to actually know. Hopefully somebody with more time than me can post some up :thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was contemplating a cinnamon re dye on my tiag, but I've come to the conclusion that imola would look much better on our color.

Apparently there were issues with the strength of the imola dyes but when I contacted leatherique they said they just make a slightly darker red color that doesn't have those issues, but shouldn't look significantly different. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I havent seen this different dye color in person and don't really want to be the guinea pig. ^.^

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was contemplating a cinnamon re dye on my tiag, but I've come to the conclusion that imola would look much better on our color.

Apparently there were issues with the strength of the imola dyes but when I contacted leatherique they said they just make a slightly darker red color that doesn't have those issues, but shouldn't look significantly different. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I havent seen this different dye color in person and don't really want to be the guinea pig. ^.^

Yeah that was his second choice if he didn't go with cinnamon....seen it on coupes before looks good.. but never seen it on a sedan...:hmm:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Red works better with silver.

Cinammon works better with white.

Kiwi works better with black.

That's just my opinion.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,481 Posts
yep that was my thread linked above. i still sometimes think i may do the cinnamon interior. but it looks good when the leather is like new. otherwise that color in leather shows wear and creases easily. imho a worn cinnamon leather seat looks 10x worse than a similarly worn black leather seat.

and cinnamon with titanium silver works well from what i came across

1 - 10 of 10 Posts