BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper procedure to reset the throttle response?:dunno: I need to do this as my mom drives like she's 60 :ben: and I want to feel more response. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
:search:

I posted on this subject a while ago. "Throttle Adaptation Reset Procedures".

huntmdwn said:
What is the proper procedure to reset the throttle response?:dunno: I need to do this as my mom drives like she's 60 :ben: and I want to feel more response. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Can't you just drive a bit aggressive and the throttle will automatically adjust to a more immediate response?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Yeah it could take you 1 mile or 1000 miles of aggressive driving.

It really depends on how you drive. You could see better results driving aggressively or not. When you drive in stop and go traffic, there's not much aggressive driving you can do. This is why I had to find a way to reset it. The biggest problem is not throttle adaptation but engine software adaptation for short and long term trim and spark advance as well. Resetting one only slightly changes another. Also throttle adaptation reset is strange. You get only a slight improvement which builds higher, then it normalizes so it's short lived but worh it since it only takes 20 seconds to reset the throttle.

Kain said:
Can't you just drive a bit aggressive and the throttle will automatically adjust to a more immediate response?

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,120 Posts
How much of a difference do you all feel when you reset it? When I did mine, I felt MUCH more power, almost like I was in a different car. I drive fairly fast to begin with, but I wouldn't have thought it would make such a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts