E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any other companies that makes throttle bodies other than the Dinan?

if not, can the Dinan Throttle Body work with other ecu/software other than the Dinan Stg III Software?...I heard from others that you need the Stg III in order for the TB to work efficiently.

the thing is, I don't want the Dinan Stg III software but was wondering if I can just purchase the TB and use the AA ecu.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Renn-sport is working on a throttle body but I don't know if they are working on one for the 325. Goto the renn-sport site and send a email to technik (Samir).
cRAzYgUy said:
are there any other companies that makes throttle bodies other than the Dinan?

if not, can the Dinan Throttle Body work with other ecu/software other than the Dinan Stg III Software?...I heard from others that you need the Stg III in order for the TB to work efficiently.

the thing is, I don't want the Dinan Stg III software but was wondering if I can just purchase the TB and use the AA ecu.

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
Re: Re: throttle body

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
Renn-sport is working on a throttle body but I don't know if they are working on one for the 325. Goto the renn-sport site and send a email to technik (Samir).
yeah but would we be able to get our hands on it here on the east coast. i'd love to have one of the stage kits installed, but have no way of getting it. at least that's what i was told last time i asked

·
Registered
40 Posts
It allows the engine to take in more air quicker. (I used to live in Ballston Lake!)

·
mi casa @ technik
5,876 Posts
Re: Re: Re: throttle body

StreetTrixE4six said:

yeah but would we be able to get our hands on it here on the east coast. i'd love to have one of the stage kits installed, but have no way of getting it. at least that's what i was told last time i asked
ask samir..he usually knows reputable people around areas..maybe he can recommend you a shop near by to do it
:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts