E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1387 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey , I installed the e46fanatics app on my android xiaomi phone but it says the forum isn't available , contact the administrator , does anyone know how to fix this ?

thanks
That hasn't worked for me for a while now. I switched to the Tapatalk app, which is great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I switched to the Tapatalk app, which is great.
tapatalk pro is great without the ads. occasionally some image rendering problems, unrelated to the external hosting problem (photobucket, tinypic, etc).

and tapatalk seems to fix the photobucket pixelation without a special plugin like you would need for the desktop ("chrome photobucket hotlink fix").

·
Premium Member
2016 340i & 2002 325Ci
3,599 Posts
Now that khoatly is gone, where are people buying there headlight lenses??

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I got a set from China on eBay and they're decent, other than they swirl more easily than the Khoalty and OEM sets I had perviously. For $35 I recommend.

edit: maybe some clear film on the lenses before installing would do the trick to prevent swirls, if you take that route

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
1,419 Posts
hello to everyone and hope this finds you well.I am 99%sure I have a teared diaphragm in my disa valve so I ordered a replacement .Problem is I can't figure out how to replace it and there isn't any diy on the net .Has anyone done this ?Any suggestions ?
thanks

·
Registered
2016 M235i 6-spd
25,935 Posts
hello to everyone and hope this finds you well.I am 99%sure I have a teared diaphragm in my disa valve so I ordered a replacement .Problem is I can't figure out how to replace it and there isn't any diy on the net .Has anyone done this ?Any suggestions ?
thanks
I can't recall anyone replacing the diaphragm before, so maybe you'll be our pioneer?

I vaguely recall trying to figure out how to open up the chamber where that lies, but it wasn't obvious to me...or figured I needed a new one anyway so gave up.

If you have to cut into it, the challenge will be sealing it up again, but hopefully you'll figure it out (or will hear from someone who has).

...and a bump.

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
1,419 Posts
I can't recall anyone replacing the diaphragm before, so maybe you'll be our pioneer?

I vaguely recall trying to figure out how to open up the chamber where that lies, but it wasn't obvious to me...or figured I needed a new one anyway so gave up.

If you have to cut into it, the challenge will be sealing it up again, but hopefully you'll figure it out (or will hear from someone who has).

...and a bump.
yeah , it is held by 5 notches and other two on the small tube on the side that provides vacuum and its not supposed to be opened.the trick is that to remove it you have to undo all the notches together . they are not really designed to be pulled apart , only to seal one time .

the only one guide I found suggests to cut through but I dont know how to reseal then .And I am afraid I ll break something and then I ll have a vacuum leak .
I have the disa unplugged at the moment

·
Registered
2016 M235i 6-spd
25,935 Posts
yeah , it is held by 5 notches and other two on the small tube on the side that provides vacuum and its not supposed to be opened.the trick is that to remove it you have to undo all the notches together . they are not really designed to be pulled apart , only to seal one time .

the only one guide I found suggests to cut through but I dont know how to reseal then .And I am afraid I ll break something and then I ll have a vacuum leak .
I have the disa unplugged at the moment
Not sure what the mating surfaces are, but you could try a contact cement on both edges...if you can get a few clips back in, I suspect it'd hold up fine.

Good luck in there. Worst case, you needed a new disa anyway. If you get it, though, make sure you make a dedicated thread to it...and you should anyway...not everyone will read this thread.

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
1,419 Posts
Not sure what the mating surfaces are, but you could try a contact cement on both edges...if you can get a few clips back in, I suspect it'd hold up fine.

Good luck in there. Worst case, you needed a new disa anyway. If you get it, though, make sure you make a dedicated thread to it...and you should anyway...not everyone will read this thread.
yeah , when I finally decide to do it I'll properly document it
Thanks Bali:hi:

·
Registered
2004 330i Individual 6-Speed
308 Posts
I am planning on changing the oil in the car tomorrow. The car has been sitting for a month now without being started. Should I just change the oil cold or do I have to start the car and let the oil warm up a little before draining?

I can't seem to find my other jack stand, and I am thinking of placing the jack stand at the front Left Hand Side. Will that be adequate for draining the oil?

·
Registered
'01 320Ci manual
1,419 Posts
My car is black on black interior alcantara on black aluminum cube trim, so I would prefer the trim to stand out a little. I've seen them paint silver with success, but considering the trim is actual aluminum couldn't I just use paint stripper and leave the bare aluminum beneath? Has anyone done this? Or I will damage the trim?

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,645 Posts
I am planning on changing the oil in the car tomorrow. The car has been sitting for a month now without being started. Should I just change the oil cold or do I have to start the car and let the oil warm up a little before draining?

I can't seem to find my other jack stand, and I am thinking of placing the jack stand at the front Left Hand Side. Will that be adequate for draining the oil?
Oil should always be warm otherwise it'll flow really poorly and make it less likely that you'll get all the old drained out.
My car is black on black interior alcantara on black aluminum cube trim, so I would prefer the trim to stand out a little. I've seen them paint silver with success, but considering the trim is actual aluminum couldn't I just use paint stripper and leave the bare aluminum beneath? Has anyone done this? Or I will damage the trim?
Might come out splotchy, I'd go with painting silver over the black.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I got a set from China on eBay and they're decent, other than they swirl more easily than the Khoalty and OEM sets I had perviously. For $35 I recommend.

edit: maybe some clear film on the lenses before installing would do the trick to prevent swirls, if you take that route

I would not recommend Lamin-x film
For the lenses based on my experience.

I put them on brand new lenses thinking they would make the lenses last even longer.

Instead after about 1 year they began to cloud up really bad.

Then I took the film off. The adhesive was baked on to the lens but the lens was pristine. No way to remove it easily.

1341 - 1360 of 1387 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.