E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's my friend's birthday and since he has a Mazdaspeed Rx-8, I decided to buy him some Mazda stuff including seat belt pads. It got me wondering, what are your thoughts on seat belt shoulder pads? I'm not talking about Tiddy bears (youtube it if you haven't heard), but ones that look like they would be shipped out with the cars themselves i.e http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Carbon-Fiber-Shoulder-Cushion/dp/B005BNJ7WS or http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Carbon-Fiber-Shoulder-Cushion/dp/B007PMY3MM . Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
My wife uses them, therefore I have them in my M3. I was originally not a fan of them, but she picked up some ///M ones from amazon and they look pretty snazzy. They've grown on me. I don't notice any difference in comfort, but women folk that ride in your car may appreciate them.

·
Registered
24,891 Posts
Looks kinda cheap and annoying as it would want to rotate or slide down.

I haven't really had much comfort issues with a seatbelt unless I'm a passenger and trying to sleep.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The PO of my car had some real nice ones with a fine mahogany finish printed on them. They were a matching set, along with the fine fake mahogany steering wheel cover. I'm grateful that the wheel cover kept the wheel in nice shape. But I was ripping that stuff out of the car before I even pulled it out of his driveway.

If you're looking for some fine fake mahogany seatbelt covers, I've got a set I'll let you have. Pay shipping and post a picture of them in your car and they're yours.

·
Registered
342 Posts
In Asia......just about everyone is sporting head restraint Doilies and stuff animals, including the men!

The doilies would fit perfect with a car from the rising sun!:rofl:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,000 Posts
The PO of my car had some real nice ones with a fine mahogany finish printed on them. They were a matching set, along with the fine fake mahogany steering wheel cover. I'm grateful that the wheel cover kept the wheel in nice shape. But I was ripping that stuff out of the car before I even pulled it out of his driveway.

If you're looking for some fine fake mahogany seatbelt covers, I've got a set I'll let you have. Pay shipping and post a picture of them in your car and they're yours.
Free Mahogany seat belt covers? Do you have them in Maple, Burled Maple?

If not, could I maybe order some custom ones in pink plastidip?

My thought on the seat belt cover? Minor offense--6 pt. deduction

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

Maple? No, these are fine wood products, not made from inferior materials.

I'll even throw in the black mesh 'neck support' thing that he had fastened under the head rest, poking me in the neck the entire time I was testing driving the car.

Look at the old world craftsmanship! Fine perforated leather mixed with luxurious mahogany.

Pic from the auto trader ad, you can see the wheel cover in action...ohhhh, ahhhh.

·
Registered
DDing an only somewhat-janky four-season miata
12,092 Posts

can I get that in a hand-scraped driftwood? 3/4" is preferred.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Maple? No, these are fine wood products, not made from inferior materials.

I'll even throw in the black mesh 'neck support' thing that he had fastened under the head rest, poking me in the neck the entire time I was testing driving the car.

Look at the old world craftsmanship! Fine perforated leather mixed with luxurious mahogany.

Pic from the auto trader ad, you can see the wheel cover in action...ohhhh, ahhhh.
Now THAT is the sign of a car that hasn't been flogged.

A neck support.

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
get them, but only if they say "powered by BMW"

it isn't legit if it doesn't say "powered by Hon" whoops... "powered by Acur" shiit my bad... "powered by Toyot".... christ, I keep on getting confused, high school memories keep on getting in the way of my train of thought

Or I can not be an ass hole and just tell you the truth, but in all honesty, most call me an ass hole when i speak the truth. Draw your own conclusion, but keep in mind your opinion is the only thing that matters. Not mine, not anyone but you.

:bitestongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts