E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Thoughts on Fiat comign to the states.

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Acarder 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are on Fiat coming to the states as part of the Chrysler deal. I am beginning to like that. I hope that Alpha Romeo will come back too that will give people more cool options for cars that are fun to drive.

#2 ·
Fiat are MUCH better than they used to be 15 or 20 yrs ago. I'm glad they're coming over. Having said that, Mercedes couldn't get Chrysler up to scratch and BMW gave up on Rover in the UK (in the 90s). Not a great track record for European companies taking over failing auto makers.

#10 ·
I guess Alpha is coming this year to the states. I do remember there were a few spiders around in the 80's always thought they were cool. Like the look of them it would be nice to see some alternatives. Did not see any fiats that woudl float my boat though.

#13 ·
I had a 1969 Fiat 850 spider, and a 84 Alfa Romeo Guiletta. I liked them, but the electrical and maintenance with Italian cars is a joke. They look and sound nice....but in my opinion, they are overpriced, cost tons to maintain....and will fail again in the US. Now, when I was stationed in Italy, they were cheap to buy. I personally like Lancia. The prices on a new Alfa are straight up lame for their reliability....but than again....English Lucas wiring sucked also on Jags. If I was to get an Alfa, I would get a spyder, old one....you can find them for a few grand used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.