BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been about a year but I thought I would post my thoughts on Deatschwerks. I purchased a DW300 fuel pump when my stock one died. It ran great for about a year then one day the car died on the interstate, in a construction zone, during rush hour traffic. A perfect trifecta. Eventually the tow truck reached me through the traffic jam that resulted and got me home. At home I hunted down the problem to the fuel pump, I ended up taking it out and hooking it up to a battery directly and got nothing from it. Sooo...I contacted Deatschwerks by phone and was told to send it in and they would test it and fix/replace it, which is great.

As the M3 is my daily driver I needed to get it up and running however. I asked if I could pay for a second pump and have it shipped out immediately then get refunded if the first pump tested bad. I'd rather eat a 150 dollars and have my car running if the pump was for some reason having issues with the pulse modulation the M3 uses like they suggested. Here I was told no, that's not our policy. We won't sell you a second pump and refund your money if the first pump is bad. So.. I'm like well ok, who do I talk to about this policy. The answer I got was; that's me and that's our policy. At this point I agree to just send the pump in and wait for a second one. However, as I was boxing it up, I dropped the pump and broke the fuel output flange. I ended up ordering an aeromotive stealth 340 lph pump and having it express shipped. The car started right up after replacing the pump. So I never got it confirmed it was the pump that had gone bad other than hooking it up directly to the battery and getting nothing then replacing the pump and having a running car.

I guess the bottom line is I wasn't impressed by Deatschwerks customer service at all. I always try to be as polite as possible and I held back my frustration when I called. Dealing with them over the phone left a really sour taste in my mouth about the company. They seem to have a decent product for the price but I won't purchase from the company again if I can help it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts