BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some advice / comments on a situation that happend to me today .. Kinda BS to be honest .. So, it's around 2pm, and I'm in grid-lock traffic going into the lincoln tunnel. I gave a blue caravan a love tap on her bumper, and didn't think anything of it as I waved my arms "as in oops, That's pretty normal around here .. I'm sorry" and kept it moving .. about 5 mins later this fat c. u. next tuesday gets out of her car, and starts writing down my plate, and saying I'm going to report you buster .. :hmm: .. Keep in mind we are in grid lock .. so i make my way close enough to her, and get out of my car, and tell her to come inspect her car .. there was nothing wrong with her bumper .. She refused .. I started to get a little road rage, and told her to come inspect it, and for her to go f herself since she didn't want to .. So .. I called my insurance, and l let them know what happend within the hour .. any thoughts comments ?? Advice ?? or F it .. :str8pimpi

·
Registered
413 Posts
just to be on the safe side i still would have called the cops. you never know that woman could have said it was a hit and run.

·
Just Road Miles
709 Posts
So you tapped the lady and then just did the oops thing?and she is the one that got your tag #and said she was going to turn you in?i think i would have stopped my car and talked to her when it happend and said sorry etc.(if someone did it to me like you did and didnt get out and at least said sorry i would be pissed)but a cop probably would not have written a ticket if there was no damage(you could have said she was mistaken etc.)but i dont see her causing you any trouble unless she files a report(she may be too lazy to file it no damage just mad and cools off)then she has to prove damages which there isnt any so i dont see any big problems.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you tapped the lady and then just did the oops thing?and she is the one that got your tag #and said she was going to turn you in?i think i would have stopped my car and talked to her when it happend and said sorry etc.(if someone did it to me like you did and didnt get out and at least said sorry i would be pissed)but a cop probably would not have written a ticket if there was no damage(you could have said she was mistaken etc.)but i dont see her causing you any trouble unless she files a report(she may be too lazy to file it no damage just mad and cools off)then she has to prove damages which there isnt any so i dont see any big problems.
That's the norm around here.. you tap, and you move on :) .. especially in the city .. i told her over and over to come inspect her car ..

·
Registered
928 Posts
That's the norm around here.. you tap, and you move on :) .. especially in the city .. i told her over and over to come inspect her car ..
That's exactly why I won't buy a car that has been in any major city in NY!!!
No offense to you.

Todd

·
Registered
523 Posts
you should of taken a pic of her bumper as proof that there is nothing wrong...i u have her tag, go by the police station to look up her address..not to be stalkerish but just to cover your own a$$ and to take a pic to make sure you have proof. you do know the only reason she called is bc u have a bmw right?...i had a cop pull me over one time for the same thing that 5 others on the road were guilty off...tints.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
No damage no report will be filed. Well that what happen in my case when I got tapped from behind. <--- here it comes.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Some Psycho lady tapped my brothers bumper, and didnt stop and he chased her... He called the Police and said they couldnt do anything because its one word against anothers... and there wasnt really any damage. No police report, no proof or anything.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts