E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People using the Philips 6000k upgrade for your stock bi-xenons. Which foglight bulbs are you using? I currently have the PIAA xtreme whites but they barely match my stock 4300k bulbs so they definitely won't match the 6000k. Has anyone experimented with other bulbs to see which gives the closest match to the Philips ultinons? TIA!!

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
Luxury said:
People using the Philips 6000k upgrade for your stock bi-xenons. Which foglight bulbs are you using? I currently have the PIAA xtreme whites but they barely match my stock 4300k bulbs so they definitely won't match the 6000k. Has anyone experimented with other bulbs to see which gives the closest match to the Philips ultinons? TIA!!
i've experimented w/ several bulbs. none match the 6000k's. Eurolite has a bulb that has a light purple coating on it, i may try those next. the 6000k's look blue to me, but when i put in xenon halogen bulbs, they all seem to look like a green color compared to my 6000k's. i've tried lumikos, autobarn ones, and sylvania silverstars. i'm currently using the stock bulbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess this will have to be an expensive trial and error experiment. Btw, did you hear anything about the philips blue vision halogen bulbs? Reason I ask is suvlights.com has them advertised and was wondering if these might be a good match?

·
Registered
632 Posts
anyone else know of any foglights that match as close as possible to 6000k or the 5400k. ive tried several as well, so far the closest were the lumikas, but they were burning out every 2 months. anyone else have any suggestions, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts