BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
As great as that concept looks, somehow I doubt it will look that nice when the production model comes out. I'd still take an M3 if i had the money :).

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is that an actual production model picture? It looks a little concept to me. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it looks pretty cheap and like they just took new designs and classic designs and slapped them together overnight. I would go for the M3 over that regardless of horsepower. It's classier IMO and looks a lot cooler.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Bleh... I would still get the M3 over the Audis in those links. What happened to the M3 CSL and the Z4?? If you want some more choices, the 2004 Subaru STi looks very promising.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont like subaru...

i got lots of info on csl and i refuse to waste money on it because 120K is not worth it...

the z4, i still love but in NJ having a soft top sux if it came w/ a convertable hardtop then there would be no question to getting it...my GF wants me to get the M3 because she says its more practicle for out life style...

but i still want to see more options and drive more cars before i go buy it...:thumbup:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont like the new CLK exterior...went to drive one and the car doesnt drive like anything fun to drive...just another benz...im just anti-benz...because evertime they make a new car and i test drive it im dissapointed in the ride..

the S4 sounds like a great car but looks wise it can't touch an M3...

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Definitely depends on what you're looking for in a car. Most other manufacturers are now easily catching up with BMW in terms of engine output (hp and torgue). However, BMW gets additional points in other areas from most of the population.

Kinda depends on what crowd you'd rather get looks from.

A muscle car crowd, that's usually biased towards Stangs and Camaros will drool over both the Mustang and the M3.

A Bimmer crowd will hardly ever give the same reaction to an M3 that they will to a Mustang.

Bottom line, BMW will always rest on a reputation of "luxury and refinement." Ford will never have the same ring.

Say the following out loud:

"I drive a Ford Mustang."

"I drive a BMW M3."

Now, which sounds more, :pimpin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the looks of this concept version, and 400hp in a GT? I dont know if they will produce a GT with 400hp!

The M3 is in a class of its own, go for the M3:bow:

·
Registered
486 Posts
$120K for the CSL? Thats ridiculous...

Just go for the M3... I had schroth racing harnesses in the M3 so the back seat was unusable anyways and practicality wasn't an issue when I chose the Z4. By the time I'm done with it, I'll have more horsepower and torque than the M3.

I was in your situation before I got the M3 as well. However, no matter what car I compared the M3 to, the M3 always came out on top.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I think the new Mustang is a handsome car, but it probably won't be in the same price range as the M3. Not sure how you want to compare the two.

·
Imported *******
855 Posts
stay away from Mustanks....not even in the same class as Benz or BMW no matter how much power it has.

Come down here in the south, and you'll truly see why mustangs are for ********. They're parked at each front yard of each trailer home at trailer parks. They fill the parking lots of "white-only" country clubs. They really are driven by mullet-wearing hillbillies or their wal-mart shopping overweight girlfriends. eek!!!

While some of you may think these mustangs and camaros have evolved, visit the south and see first hand how they are worshipped by inbred hillbillies.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts