BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up with about 60 billion pages... All I need to know is

1. As of December 2003, whats the best, cleanest looking, top quality DDE kit?

2. Where to order

3. What are they going for?

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
everyones going to say wheelpower phosphyres..... (i have them, i love them)
u can get em at wheelpower, from jlevi, umnitza
and theyre going for 300$ the last time i checked

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention I am looking for a kit that has pure white rings, not that blue/green color. I want it to look as much as OEM as possible!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm looking for a similar solution. I like the appearance of the DDE light setup, but I want to maintain the OEM xenon look that is standard on my 330CI.

jlevi, you said these are out already? Please post info or send me a PM. Thanks.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,704 Posts
If by "OEM Look" you mean the yellow, dingy color you get on a 5 or 7 series (or even a new X5), then you have to go with true fiberoptic kits such as Gen V. If you just mean you want a clean install... well, we don't offer anything <b>but</b> clean installs, and you will see a maximum of 5 inches of non-stock wire in your entire engine bay. BMWERKEN's dealership (when he went in for service) didn't even see that he had angel eyes till he left!

If you want the OEM thickness, with the bright, xenon-white color of the Phosphyre Halos, then the only way to go is DDE Lightning enhanced:

I myself have the regular Phosphyre Halos, and I love them! They are so insanely bright, people often don't know what to make of them. I have all sorts of DDE stories from stoplights, parking garages, even people who slow down on the freeway to give me the thumbs up. These things are simply unbelievable...

·
The Whirlwind
473 Posts
Don't waste your money man. $300 for Lightnings is highway robbery. When they first came out they were $50, no joke. :drama:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
Been through countless Eyes. Complete waste of money IMO. Stay away frank

·
Site Sponsor
18,508 Posts
Tai - I've gone over this on other forums and you clearly have seen it, yet you insist on making WAGs about the product.

Please don't make assumptions. $50 was a limited time, pre-production unit only. They were neither as bright as, nor as consistent, nor as easy to install, no documentation, no Plug and Play harness, no dimmers.

So, again, it's not even a fair comparison. It's like saying the Lexus LS400 in 1990 was $35K, so don't buy the new LS430 because it's a ripoff.

lilherc79 - I would bet that these are as good as any of your mods, so I'd be willing to work with you, if you would be willing to work with me.

We have a deal happening on the Jan 23rd with a good magazine, maybe we can chat? [email protected]

·
The Whirlwind
473 Posts
Maybe I can understand the $50 thing if they were very early tech, but what about the $129 to $179 and finally to $299 thing? I'm sure you didn't improve your product astronomically. Even if you claim you did, it wasn't noticeable to the consumer. Well whatever, why don't you offer a cheaper, less tech version so they are actually affordable? I'd be a happy customer if the price was actually reasonable.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
umnitza said:

lilherc79 - I would bet that these are as good as any of your mods, so I'd be willing to work with you, if you would be willing to work with me.
lol, i dunno, i think the product has evolved a lot over the times, and i've been through majority of them, know the ins and outs of them. and frankly, though it is a cool product, i'm just fed up with it and the entire fad. I've blown over $750 on them (of course different sets). and thats 750 dollars of mod money that i could have used for something else. It's just how I feel. Maybe if i was a newbie and loved to have them on my car, then i'd drop 300 on them, but from my point of view, and from what i've been through, I wouldnt do it anymore. The buc stops after the 3rd time I guess. It's just not for me. But hey, hopefully what u guys have now is something that saves a lot of trouble, and its something worth while for new customers. Good luck

But I thank you for the genuien offer.

Happy Holidays.

·
Site Sponsor
18,508 Posts
lil - you got mail:)

And happy holidays to you:) Thank you for your kind words.

Tai - I'm very happy to explain in detail what happens in marketing/product management.

When a product is first released, it's in prototype phase, let's take Microsoft Windows 95 for example.

For FREE, you can have a "Gold Candidate" release if you promise to send all the bugs back to MSFT.

Then Windows 95a, then b, then b+ come out, all for slightly more money. etc.

To the average guy that just likes to play games and do occassional word processing, he doesn't care about a, b, XP, 2003, etc.

But as it evolves, most customers demand more things.

In the case of our product.
$50 was our WIndows 95 Gold Candidate.
We learned a LOT of things with it.
$129 was the production unit where we were literally losing money with every sale, but we wanted to at least get the product out there and get people over their initial timidness of getting "yet another DDE".
$179 was the hey, we have to support ourselves a "little" on this - we have to get good documentation, we have to provide support, we have to send out warranty items, we have to improve the packaging, we have to ship better, we have to invest more in workers, we have to...
$299 was Wheelpower's desire to change various parts of the product. The packaging, the documentation, the support, the warranty, the physical parts <-- can't go into the details here sorry.

While it's often a good idea to offer a product of lower price and potentially lower quality, we've chosen the opposite approach.

We don't want to offer what is essentially a decontented product because that diminishes the value. If BMW sold E46s with no floor mats, no rear seats, no trunk liner, no hood liner, no sound proofing, no air conditioning, no stereo, no anything, the brand image would take a MAJOR hit.

What we want to offer is the best product for the money. We think we have that. Sure, is there room to lower the price, I'm sure there is. As it stands now, someone walking in off the street pays $329, where the online community only pays $299. That's 10% off right there.

And, if you catch my installers in a good mood, they'll likely give you an addiitonal break on install parts.

I hope that clears things up, and if it doesn't, I'm here to provider further discussions.

When Snapple came out, yeah yeah, too much business school Harvard B-School Cases - they priced it at $1.50 per set of 4. VERY soon thereafter, they realized - OOOOPSSS, we severely underpriced it, so it was raised to $2.99. That's a 50% hike.

·
///Andrew Alewine
5,285 Posts
Honestly you guy's I know that because I was the one who had the prices changed on the exact date of my birthday, talk about bad luck, but hey business is business. I've seen the product first hand and honestly I can say that I've compared them with Gen V's, Gen IV's and Ziggy eyes, and honestly this takes the cake. It's bright as hell, it's one quality product and now after i've cooled off from the incident I can understand that this product is top quality, so why not make some money for somthing so high end? It's understand able, if you have a great product, that sells and gave customers great satisfaction, wouldn't YOU want to make some money. Now i'm not so sure even if Uminitza or.. (It was Matt wasn't it?) even made any cash from this price gain.

All and all, it's a great product and I support it, hopefully to be buying some from them soon. Just as soon as I get my other mods on :D

·
INDEED
1,135 Posts
umnitza: actually, snapple was probably priced that way as an introductory pricing plan. :p
There's lots of cases of that, then they raise the prices when people like it and don't notice the price bump.

Anyways, for the rest of the people, stop bashing the product when clearly this guy wants to buy them. It's quite annoying, everyone has their pet peeves, but umnitza and most of the other angel eyes sellers are actually quite honorable and helpful when it comes to customer service, unlike many other crappy companies with many complaints (look at MMS Tuning). They really don't deserve to be bashed all the time. If this was a complaint thread about angel eyes or something, then by all means, go ahead and bash away.

M Pwr, if you like OEM angel eyes, wait til you get some from umnitza! :) My Gen V's look great and it's one of my favorite cosmetic mods!!! And the install is doable, or you can have a local installer install them for ya.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
fasteddie said:
umnitza: actually, snapple was probably priced that way as an introductory pricing plan. :p
There's lots of cases of that, then they raise the prices when people like it and don't notice the price bump.

Anyways, for the rest of the people, stop bashing the product when clearly this guy wants to buy them. It's quite annoying, everyone has their pet peeves, but umnitza and most of the other angel eyes sellers are actually quite honorable and helpful when it comes to customer service, unlike many other crappy companies with many complaints (look at MMS Tuning). They really don't deserve to be bashed all the time. If this was a complaint thread about angel eyes or something, then by all means, go ahead and bash away.

M Pwr, if you like OEM angel eyes, wait til you get some from umnitza! :) My Gen V's look great and it's one of my favorite cosmetic mods!!! And the install is doable, or you can have a local installer install them for ya.
I'm not "bashing" the product. I was merely expressing my own perosnal opinion on them, since i've had A LOT of experiences with them. I did not comment on any kind of "business tactics". I dont know who u were refering to as "basing the product" or on umnitza's business practices.

Some of us has been here for a long long time. Long before Umnitza was even around. I've seen Umnitza "grow up" and know how he runs his business. So please dont turn this thread into a "bashing thread" when you dont know any background info on what i'm talking about.

If its misunderstood, then don't take it personally, cuz i know a lot of the translation gets misinterpreted through words typed.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
LOL

Matt, ill take it into consideration. Is there a deadline?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts