BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
****** User
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i usually spray it with water and then use car soap and put that all over my car then i spray again and i use towels and dry it. Problem is i still see alot of spots . So recently i have been windexing my whole car. It seems to work, is this bad?

·
Alpha Male
6,560 Posts
I don't think windex is the greatest thing for your paint.

after you wash the car get into the shade, squeegee it with a California Water Blade and wipe the remaining water with a chamois or cotton towel.

The hazars of owning black but I still love it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
you may have to rewax your car again, since the chemicals in the windex may kill it. It never hurts to give it a good wax. ;)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
MIKEinTHE323i said:
but windex does make my car look shiny
Use body shine instead, the one made specially for your car. I even never use windex anymore for cleaning the windshield and glass, use Sprayway instead. Ammonia free :thumbup:

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Windex is completely fine.........if you want to slowly dull your paint each time you put it on.

A bottle of Windex is like 3 bux. If you're not fired up over the labor of waxing, spend like 2 bux more and at least use Meguiar's Quik Wax. It's easy and sprayable.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Given enough time (effect of UV on effected paint surface), you paint will start showing the negative effects of Windex. How long have you being using windex? hopefully, only a few times!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been using Eagle spray wax. After washing your car, spray a small amount on the body panels as you dry the car... very easy, and water seems to bead well after...

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Yah I would say thats not such a good idea, but I did just use battery acid on mine the other day, made it look really silver like for some reason :dunno:

·
Registered
369 Posts
hey i have just been washing and waxin my car tonight..i went to those coin places to wash it myself, it was hella cold ..
anyways i did a high pressure soap wash and a high pressure rinse, then tried to dry with this kind of strong paper towel they sell there, it doesnt do a great job..anyway i got home and dried more with regular bounty paper towel, then started waxing...now i thought i washed it pretty good but how come the wax sponge shows up dirty?! i am using Macguires Gold Classic and u knwo that circular sponge that come with it, well its all dirty now after i waxed it... i dont get it did i do something wrong?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mike, definately no Windex on the car surface....also never use Windex or any product with ammonia on tinted windows!!
Go to Car Care Online for a lot of great info on all this stuff.

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts