E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know everyone gets rock chips in there bumper or whatever. But I got a rock chip on my right front corner panel, right next to the hood. Its really small and i know that no one can see it but i can. It just looks so big to me. I put a little touch up paint with that autovisuals pen and it kinda helped. What is the best way to overcome these things and lets say i wanted to get it fixed which i know i wont how much do u think it will run.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yea by the way it happend while i was driving and it was a one lane road and some bastard of a van passed my up on the shoulder and there were rocks all over it and sprayed my whole car down. I chased him but he blew two red lights escaping me. I didnt think nothin really happend till i washed my car and found one chip.

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
sucks... ihave a deep gash in my hood from a similar rock chip incident... i am hoping that when it gets warmer i can detail the car and the wax will fill in and get rid of most of it :sad:

-brendan

·
Registered
625 Posts
HA HA:lmao:

Same thing happed to me last summer.I was standing next to my ride talking to a real cutie at a local park here.
The local lawn force was out keeping the park clean and as he swung or pivoted his mower across the field a rock came shooting across 30 yards of grass and missed my thigh by inches (I felt the wind against my bare leg)
It put a gouge in my front left quarter panel like you wouldn't believe.
If it had hit my thigh it would have gone through like a hot knife through butter !:yikes:

scared the sh*t out of me !:eek:

Jon:thumbup:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
get stonguard its like a invisiable bra

and they cover the mirrors outside and all of the head and fog lights. go to a co.installe.r then it is cover under warrenty. if you get a chip threw the stonguard or crack a light they will give you 2,000.00 to have it fix. and they will put a new one on free of charge. also if it yellows they will put new one on for free. it costs 475.00 but to have the co.installer to it is 875.00.
i think it is worth it

i have it on my back bumper and on the bottom half of my car.and on the edge of the doors. but they are not cover. but i rather have that ding or scratch. last week i hit a parking pillar. i rip the bottom of my spoiler. just 2 to 3 " went back to the installer. he look at it 4" away from it. and said i did no damage the bottom of my car. he cut it away and put another little piece in its place. he was so sorry that i was going to show 2 lines where he meet the original material.i could not believe it. you can't even see it.you have to look very close and then you have to know what to look for. with a little road dirt forget it its invisible even when it on show believe me.
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts