BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This CAI I found on ebay is not a bad product because to my knowledge you dave money and just like Dinan it just moves the filter to a part behind the bumper, All Dinan CIA does is just relocate the filter to a different place for more moderate temperature air..this does the same and with stage II software you should be in good shape just like other Intakes that will drain your wallet....What do you all think...:thumbup: :thumbdwn: :dunno:

Let me know!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
srn1985 said:
This CAI I found on ebay is not a bad product because to my knowledge you dave money and just like Dinan it just moves the filter to a part behind the bumper, All Dinan CIA does is just relocate the filter to a different place for more moderate temperature air..this does the same and with stage II software you should be in good shape just like other Intakes that will drain your wallet....What do you all think...:thumbup: :thumbdwn: :dunno:

Let me know!!!
intake is intake. werd!:thumbup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
i saw that also on ebay....i don't really want to spend $400 on an intake so I was also thinking about gettin 1 like this. So many people build their own.:thumbup:

·
Registered
855 Posts
This question's always been on my mind? Does intake that cost mad$$ really make a difference?:huh: :huh: :huh:

Does Dinan or GruppeM really increase flow alot better than the generic ones that are designed the same?

How bout the K&N one w/ the heat shield??

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER?:huh:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
tricxe46 said:
This question's always been on my mind? Does intake that cost mad$$ really make a difference?:huh: :huh: :huh:

Does Dinan or GruppeM really increase flow alot better than the generic ones that are designed the same?

How bout the K&N one w/ the heat shield??

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER?:huh:
I can try to answer it. I had both the Dinan and the Gruppe M on my car (stayed with the Gruppe M) and I had dyno rums made with both.

Check the links in my sig to view the dyno for each. As you can see the Gruppe M intake did make a noticable difference over the Dinan. I hadnt expected as much of a change but was very very happy to see it. I knew I would see a big difference going from a stock airbox to any CAI but didnt expect to se much of a difference going from one great CAI to an even better one.

One thing I noticed that alot of "Dinan-like" intakes from ebay are missing is the brackets that hold the CAI in place. Dinan includes 2 brackets,one that holds the tube still where the filter is attached and another that holds the MAF tube in place to keep it from moving side to side.

I also liked how the Dinan intake is a single peice of metal and not interjoining pieces. I dont know how this would effect power, but I look at it as less of a chance of air leaks or a part coming off. This probably wouldnt happen but is worth mentioning.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts