E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get people's opinions...

Right now I have a 2004 325ci tit. silver, SP, moonroof, bi-xenon, nav, m68 rims, manual, leatherette. I went to the dealership today and was considering getting a 330ci zhp. I was quoted $42,800 for 2005 330ci ZHP, tit. silver, nav, bi-xenon, manual, alcantara interior. i know the ZPP helps the resale value, but i don't feel like paying $2200 for assist and an auto-dimming mirror that I won't use (tints are good enough).

My questions are:

Is this a good price or should it be lower?

Is the performance worth the increase in my payments? (I pay $290/mo right now, probably will go to around $400/mo)

TIA :)

·
Banned
574 Posts
snewcrash said:

Right now I have a 2004 325ci tit. silver, SP, moonroof, bi-xenon, nav, m68 rims, manual, leatherette. I went to the dealership today and was considering getting a 330ci zhp. I was quoted $42,800 for 2005 330ci ZHP, tit. silver, nav, bi-xenon, manual, alcantara interior. i know the ZPP helps the resale value, but i don't feel like paying $2200 for assist and an auto-dimming mirror that I won't use (tints are good enough).

My questions are:

Is the performance worth the increase in my payments? (I pay $290/mo right now, probably will go to around $400/mo)

YES!!!!!!!!!! You only live once, remember? Unless your a buhddist then nevermind

·
Registered
454 Posts
you will feel a good increase in power. And its only 110 more a month. I say do it. Although im not sure about the price. Its seems a little high but i dont know anything about prices so dont take my word to seriously :rolleyes: :dunno:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you are going to spend $42,500 on a 330ci, why not spend the four thousand more and get a new M3?

·
Registered
365 Posts
You're only paying 290 a month? How much did you put down on the 325ci and how much was it out the door? I wish my payments were under 500 :bawling:

P.s Go FOR THE ZHP!!!!

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,798 Posts
i say get imola red! its so much sexier and the non metallic paint should bring the price down a bit

·
Registered
0 Posts
snewcrash said:

My questions are:

Price isn't bad if its out-the-door. You'll definitely notice that the 330 is quicker... I just traded in an '01 330Ci for an '04 ZHP (sedan) - the handling/ride and alcantera/blk cube interior are superior, though the exhaust drone resonates a bit if cruising a quiet street at 40-45 mph.

bottom line- drive it & decide... i agree that the extra 100 bucks is negligable (you live once).

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
DON’T DO IT!!! You will regret getting the last of the breed. You can wait a few more months and get the 330 version of the E90 which is more powerful and better performing car than the E46 ZHP.

Why on earth do you want to start making fresh payments on a car that will be old news in a few months, when you can wait a few months and make similar payments on a car that will stay fresh looking for many more years to come???

It's going to kill you being at a stoplight in your 05' ZHP making [email protected]#[email protected] payments next to a 06' 330 (with more horsepower) who is paying the same as you a month for their car, but they have 5 + more years their car will still look current while yours is already old!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SD 328I said:
DON’T DO IT!!! You will regret getting the last of the breed. You can wait a few more months and get the 330 version of the E90 which is more powerful and better performing car than the E46 ZHP.

Why on earth do you want to start making fresh payments on a car that will be old news in a few months, when you can wait a few months and make similar payments on a car that will stay fresh looking for many more years to come???

It's going to kill you being at a stoplight in your 05' ZHP making [email protected]#[email protected] payments next to a 06' 330 (with more horsepower) who is paying the same as you a month for their car, but they have 5 + more years their car will still look current while yours is already old!!!

I want to get a coupe and the new coupes aren't coming out until 2007....

That price is out the door including taxes and tags.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kendogg325 said:
You're only paying 290 a month? How much did you put down on the 325ci and how much was it out the door? I wish my payments were under 500 :bawling:

P.s Go FOR THE ZHP!!!!
The car was $34k out the door and I put $18k down. Ended up only financing $16k. I got it through a military program in Europe. Base price for a 2005 M3 stock is $42,500 right now. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
SD 328I said:

few months??? the e90 coupes aren't coming out for awhile. You can wait and get the sedan but im not a big fan of the e90 sedans. jus my .02

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
azn_ripper said:
few months??? the e90 coupes aren't coming out for awhile. You can wait and get the sedan but im not a big fan of the e90 sedans. jus my .02
How about several months :)

The E90 should start arriving at dealerships in mid-late to late 05'. But good point azn_ripper, the coupes won't be here for a year after the sedans arrive.

It's up to you though Snewcrash, get the ZHP now and drive it for a couple years then get a E90 coupe in 07'. But financially it doesn't make any sense, especially since your investing so much money on depreciating product (cars). You have an 04' now, you want a 05' ZHP, and maybe an 07' E90 coupe. Obviously I’m not taking into account your finances, which may be much better than mine.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SD 328I said:
It's up to you though Snewcrash, get the ZHP now and drive it for a couple years then get a E90 coupe in 07'. But financially it doesn't make any sense, especially since your investing so much money on depreciating product (cars). You have an 04' now, you want a 05' ZHP, and maybe an 07' E90 coupe. Obviously I’m not taking into account your finances, which may be much better than mine.
I bought the 325ci for $34k and I should be able to sell it for around $30k.. I want something faster and I want to get rid of it before it depreciates even more.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
snewcrash said:
I bought the 325ci for $34k and I should be able to sell it for around $30k.. I want something faster and I want to get rid of it before it depreciates even more.
You are selling it to private party or trading in on ZHP?

Either way, if you can get around $30K for your 325, then I see how this can work out for you on the ZHP. If you plan on keeping it for a while, then do what makes you happy, the ZHP is a sweet car.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Big discounts later

I Imagine that the BMW dealerships will soon be giving discounts on all the E46 BMS as the new ones were just announced.. :dunno: Can get a good deal on a new BMW

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SD 328I said:
You are selling it to private party or trading in on ZHP?
They quoted me $27.5k for trade in so I would be selling private party.

I Imagine that the BMW dealerships will soon be giving discounts on all the E46 BMS as the new ones were just announced.. Can get a good deal on a new BMW
I want to order it, so I have to get a 2005.

·
Euro.Techniks
4,140 Posts
my lease is over in one month and I'm leaning towards a ZHP as well...I think its a great decision...I say go for it...the e46 body style will never get old...simply hott! the e90 coupe looks nasty :thumbdwn:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts