E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Thinking of going back to a M3, What engine mods are there now?

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  SmurfM3 
#1 ·
Had a 95 M3, was one of the greatest cars I ever owned. Then went the S4 Audi route and that was even better than the M3, but had to sell it for work reasons. Now I am driving a 2003 E 500 Benz, and am dying to get back into a true sports car. have always loved the E46 M3's lines and want one bad, until my buddy and I smoked one in his 2003 CLK 55 the other night. I can't stand how feminine the CLK's look and they're automaitc only, and can't have a slower car than my buddy!

#7 ·
I am very familiar with the chipped Audi S4's, very fast but not in the same luxury class (more of a Euro Rice Rocket). I keep thinking about M3's (may even get one if it is V8 equipped) but then I get that nasty taste in my mouth when I think about all of my dealer experiences. My next car will most likely be the E55 AMG. YMMV :D

#10 · (Edited)
Are you sure the M3 was racing? I am pretty sure an M3 is faster then the CKL55.
Well, Even though MB is posting slower 0-60 time for CLK55 than M3's but when you actually run together (not on the tracK) they are very close. All about driver, if m3 driver don't know how to drive stick well, he will probably lose cuz MB has torque advantage.

And then, if it's on the track M3 will kill CLK55 :pimpin:

#11 ·
I smoked my buddys Clk55 and was slowing down to wait for him so when he gets next to me i would punch it and jump in front of him. Soo i dont know what the h*** the guy in the m3 was doing I also beat another m3 but it was smg he took off befor me but cauht him and passed. BTW I got a 12.7 stock im my m with BFGs draggs

#16 ·
My S4 was the easiest car to mod. I had the full APR stage II+ kit(downpipes), H+R coilovers, BBS CH's. That car moved. Took alot of my buddies with M3's out with that car. But IMO the M3 is a much better looking car. If Active Autowerkes puts out that Supercharger that car will be amazing and I will be sold.

#20 ·
I don't think you understand. Those cars are great but I am looking for an all around car that I can track and drive on the street, looks good and has a manual transmission. I could buy the E 55 at mercedes tomorrow, but its just a big sedan and I already have one of those. I want a small sports car, because I am probably going to get rid of the benz and get into a Range Rover. What mods are there?

#26 ·
Not to change topics, but my buddy has a 2003 VW GTI with the APR Stage III kit and that little car hauls ass. 280 rwhp, but no traction. That's another big thing for me no front wheel drive. Only rear wheel and all wheel. I did 160 mph in the rain in my S4 and it behaved llike it was dry. That's the best thing about Audi's and Porsche, no one can beat you in the wet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.