E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my dad's clients is selling his 2002 BMW 325xi. I checked it out in person and it is in PERFECT condition, no dings or scratches, leather looks brand new. It has the premium AND sport package. Manual transmission.

However, the car has 180k miles on it (mostly highway miles, he lives in deep Long Island and commutes back and fourth into the city every day). I guess I should also mention that he is a mechanic which made me feel a bit better about the conditioning and maintenance of the car.

He wants $6500 for it.

The mileage worries me, and I'm not sure if that price is too much for it. But then again, I'm not really that educated about cars, which is why I'm asking you guys...What do you think?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought mine with 196k miles on it. As long as you have maintenance records, and he doesn't mind you taking it to a good local Indy shop to have them check the control arms, tie rods, oil housing gasket, valve cover gasket, rear springs, transfer case leaks, worn bushings, and wear items, you should be fine. Maintenance is pretty much key. Don't be surprised if you need to put another $2k in maintenance into the car after the presale inspection though.

I've put 17k miles on my car since I've purchased it with few issues. Put about $2500 into it after purchase in needed maintenance and upgrades, and couldn't be happier with it as a daily.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
what do you think about the price?
For a starting point, it's very, very decent. However, take it to an indy tech, find out everything that's wrong, and then ask him to have the repairs made. Then negotiate. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.