E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know much about lowering cars so i need help. I want a decent drop on my car that will still make my car ride almost the same. im thinking about just getting lowering springs but i heard that if they are on stock shocks then they could blow. I also dont want my car to have a bouncy ride because my friends dropped his car and when you hit a bump the car bounces like crazy. Give me ideas on what i should do....im looking to spend the most around $500.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
omghi2u!!1111 I Have Never Seen A Thread About Lowering A Car And I Am Glad You Have Finally Blown The Dust Off Of This Mysterious Topic. You Are A True American Hero. Oh Noes!1111

·
No more E46 :(
2,536 Posts
gusdagoos said:
so would i be able to get shocks and springs for around 500.....i dont think so but maybe there are shocks and springs out there for that price. What is the cupkit come with?
Springs and shocks.

I am sorry but you really need to use the SEARCH feature on this site.

·
Registered
117 Posts
are you serious...you have got to search harder. there are sooo many threads on the cupkit, it may take some time, but good research normally does. i didn't have the cupkit, but from what i've heard, its ride is pretty much like stock. i had the h&r/bilstein setup. not exactly the stock comfortable level anymore, but the handling won me over.

·
next mod: recaro child seat
1,876 Posts
take a look at the new UUC Sachs set up...it's a solid shock/spring package...and even if you don't go with that set up, be sure to get shocks and springs simultaenously since you're car is a few years old, your shocks are probably on their way out already...

oh yeah, and use the fkn search tool...this topic is beaten to death on a daily basis...

and Gordon, that sh!t is getting old...as tired of seeing repetitive threads becomes, seeing you're extra large font in the middle of it is just as annoying... :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.