105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about selling my car lately for a change in pace
i have some questions you guys could help me with
i want to do a white on grey 330 drop top
i want the hammann widebody but will it fit
i want it to run at least high 12's, is that possible
whats the biggest wheels i could fit on there
could wheelpower get me the car out there and do the widebody and send me the car done
where to get the engine work done?
what would you guys think of this car?
better than mine?

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
If you are going all out on engine work I'd suggest some of the custom options that Techik offers. Check out their website at www.renn-sport.net. Look under engine and then select the company Technik:thumbup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Keep your B5.

If you want a pimp ass drop top, forget the 330ci cabrio idea and buy a Boxster S and do the 3.6 Boxer I-6 swap. It'll be mid-engine with a great engine to start with. Then upgrade brakes, body, wheels/tires, suspension...you have a car that will beat an M3.

Check out the Ruf 3600S in this month's Sports Car International if you want to see what Alois Ruf has done with the Boxster (in addition to his 3400S).

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,257 Posts
OPTIMO said:
Keep your B5.

If you want a pimp ass drop top, forget the 330ci cabrio idea and buy a Boxster S and do the 3.6 Boxer I-6 swap. It'll be mid-engine with a great engine to start with. Then upgrade brakes, body, wheels/tires, suspension...you have a car that will beat an M3.

Check out the Ruf 3600S in this month's Sports Car International if you want to see what Alois Ruf has done with the Boxster (in addition to his 3400S).

Porsche Boxter (S or not) = :puke: :puke: :puke:

Talk about ugly cars (from the side and rear at least)...

I agree with keeping the S4 though... sh!t is :pimpin:!!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Not feeling the Hamann widebody. Go for the Breyton. :thumbup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Porsche Boxter (S or not) =
Yeah, I still don't care for the rear, but the Ruf 3600S incorporates Turbo and GT3 styling queues and will run circles around an E46 M3 cabrio on the track.

They don't come cheap though, a new one (only 30 built a year) is $98k although Ruf will do one conversion a week.

I'm sure there are some stateside tuners working on this, as the engine block is the same in the Boxster as it is in the 996, however the Boxster's transaxle will have to be modified because it spins opposite the 911's.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i wouldnt want a boxster
my boy had a boxster s, it was nice but just not me
i love my car now but it just that i'm bored of it
i want to start the modding all over!!
i was thinking about a bunch of cars but
i dont want whatever i get to be slower than what i am pulling now.(mid 12s)

by the way, next weekend i will have my ported intake manifold,
front mount, custom ram air box, and new plugs done.
also i will be disabling my electronic diff lock.(should be good for
high 1.6 or low 1.7 60ft times)
just because i dont want my car anymore doesnt mean i gotta stop the mods!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
m3 not fast enough because theres not tons of mods for it
if they made a reasonable priced supercharger the was reliable i would consider it
in the 330 i could build from the bottom end up to forced induction
also i kinda like the widebody kit

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found a 2001 black 996 twin for 1300 a month with no money down(would put 12,000 down)
BUT to insure it would be close to 20,000
so you could say NO ****ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pardon my vulgar words;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
I alreayd check on insurance for the 993 Turbo and it would add $102 a month (I pay $220 a month now for my Bimmer and Honda).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF!!
i pay over 10,000 now
24 points though:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Still around...
1,788 Posts
Roughedges said:
i will give you the badge and when you feel like driving a s4 just
put on your car and pretend:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)
LOL, that sounds good.. :confused:

OR

When i feel like EATING an S4, ill just pull my modded up Lightning out to play.. ;)

You got the blue S4 right? Walts friend?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya thats me, from the kop meet
whats the lighting run
i feel like havin some good old fashioned american food

·
BMW Land Barge
1,378 Posts
With 24 points on your record, is it really a good idea to drive a car that's at ALL flashy? I mean, seriously... YOu obviously are getting seen and stopped by the cops... Do you want to encourage this with a unique Bimmer that looks like it goes REALLY fast.

·
OPTIMO said:
Keep your B5.

Although the Ruf is unreal, u can do it urself for half the cost. Find a 97 base boxster that has a no motor, no rims, no brakes, no suspension, no front clip.(Ideal Junkyard scenario, just play along with me.) Just the chassis, body, and top. Then go nuts with upgrading it. I think the 3.6 engine is a lot more expensive than the 3.4 out of the box, so u can conserve by using the 3.4 But for 35K-40K u can build an ///M3 , 911, etc Killer. If u wanna really go nutty, find a 3.6 engine with the X51 package :yikes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts