BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have that feeling. My dad drove my car yesterday with me in it and all he did was laugh the whole time. He said that it drives like crap(he doesnt know i have H&R crap springs in it), he tried to go fast up a hill and my dumb 325 could not handle and he laughed when i told him it only has 184 hp at the flywheel. Oh and he just owned me when he put his arm down and found there was no armrest. He said that a car like this should cost no more than 29k brand new. I completely agree with him. This car is a pile for how much he paid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love my car because of the handling, responsiveness, and longevity. I had a 1992 325IS that I put 140,000 miles on with no major complaints except that it didn't come with a cup-holder. I traded it in 2 weeks ago and got a 2001 330Ci which I love (2 cup holders) and got more than I needed on the trade of the 325. Other cars may have a "better ride", more power, yada, yada, yada. My wife loves her Buick luxury liner but she hates my car. To me a BMW is the perfect combination with very few tradeoffs...it's the ultimate driving machine. Remember the car is for you not for him...don't let it color your feelings about the car.

/me ends grade school essay on why I love my car.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MysticMan said:
Was that an option for you when he got you the 325? If not then say dad don't [email protected]
it only comes with the premium package which I didnt want. Bottom line is that too many things are only offered as options and not standard on the 325. A 35k car should have a lot more standard features. We all know how long the list is. and 184 horses is a bit ridiculous. Maybe closer to 200 is more in line with the price. And yes the overall car is very nice but some parts are lacking. Obviously my dad has higher standards in cars than I do and thats why he feels this way but I think it's rubbing off on me.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
i paid $35 for my 325ci. i like the last line, "This car is a pile for how much he paid." you suckered your old man! nice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I looked at the 540s before I got my 330 because I just turned 30 and thought it was a more "responsible" care for a married executive. But, I had the same complaint that you did...it came with too much crap that I didn't want. So, I got a 330 and have cash left over to add the mods that I want like the Technik Stage 4 kit, UUC exhaust, ICE, Hamann kit,....

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Ward said:
Oh and he just owned me when he put his arm down and found there was no armrest.
lol that was almost as funny as

i never play my ps2 when the room is cluttered

·
Registered
50 Posts
I looked at the 540s before I got my 330 because I just turned 30 and thought it was a more "responsible" care for a married executive. But, I had the same complaint that you did...it came with too much crap that I didn't want. So, I got a 330 and have cash left over to add the mods that I want like the Technik Stage 4 kit, UUC exhaust, ICE, Hamann kit,....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
it's sad that a fellow BMW member is walkin' down the path towards the dark side :**(

you should love your car for what it is.. and not how much your dad paid for it... perhaps you dont' deserve it

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TheFallen said:
it's sad that a fellow BMW member is walkin' down the path towards the dark side :**(

you should love your car for what it is.. and not how much your dad paid for it... perhaps you dont' deserve it
You can't judge whether or not I deserve anything man. That's low. You don't even know me. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ward said:

it only comes with the premium package which I didnt want. Bottom line is that too many things are only offered as options and not standard on the 325. A 35k car should have a lot more standard features. We all know how long the list is. and 184 horses is a bit ridiculous. Maybe closer to 200 is more in line with the price. And yes the overall car is very nice but some parts are lacking. Obviously my dad has higher standards in cars than I do and thats why he feels this way but I think it's rubbing off on me.
Keep in mind, the E46 has one of the best interiors in the entry level lux class (interior materials/build quality/fit & finish). It kills the Jag X-Type, Lexus IS300, Infiniti G35, etc in interior quality. Also, the E46 is one of the most safety-features laden car in it's class. :thumbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with you in some ways, but why are the residual values and the used car values seemingly higher than other cars? I.e. its a free market, and people must be willing to pay a higher value for BMWs than others or at least the after market prices would be far lower. To put it another way, the market as a whole does not agree with you, based on new and used car sales of BMWs. But if BMW cannot keep reinventing the car and upping the performance ante, they will start to lose more noticeable market share over time, regardless of the pinoche factor.

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
if, god forbid, you ever get into an accident, you'll know exactly what you paid for.

if, god forbid, you ever have to do an accident avoidance with brakes and handling, you'll know what you paid for.

if, god forbid, you have an emergency that requires the 110% that the BMW has, you'll know what you paid for.

I used to have a Camry - $20K POS. If I ran it up to the redline successively, the engine would idle funny - I do that EVERY single day with the M, purrs like a kitten and asks for more.

That said, BMW has no clue on stereos, cup holders, glove boxes (except on my wife's 7), and the HVAC systems. But one drive and, well....

1 - 20 of 129 Posts