BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming home last night and turned onto my street, dude in a van was swerving all over the place and damn near drove me off the road. Long story short is I ended up popping the driver side front wheel up onto the curb.

Only real damage is that I rashed the rim a little bit but my splash guard (which holds the temp sensor mounting) is GONE, Alignment is off ever so slightly too.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't just make a claim and get it in the shop, control arms look good and no other visible damage..I need new front LCAB's that I can spring to get put in while they have it in the air so it gets aligned right, and I only have a $500 deductible.

Is this the kind of claim that will jack up my rates?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its just the splash guard in front of the drivers side wheel is gone and this is where the tempature sensor mounts. Any other bright ideas on places to mount it to get a decent reading? Having it tied up in the engine bay doesn't really work lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like less than $500 in damage IMO
Like I said I gotta put it in the shop for new Front LCAB's and an alginment, I'll just have em replace the splash guard while they are in there. Discount will repair the rim for $75/wheel.

Jack ass...I can't believe how a moron in a van just cost me $$$ :cry:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Like I said I gotta put it in the shop for new Front LCAB's and an alginment, I'll just have em replace the splash guard while they are in there. Discount will repair the rim for $75/wheel.

Jack ass...I can't believe how a moron in a van just cost me $$$ :cry:
yeah that suck.......put it this way: you have a car that handled well enough to get you out of the way without injury. idk if it was a close call for you or not but i had a few and boy was i glad im wasnt drivin a honda/toyota. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts