BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this on ebay UK and its the worst piece of crap i have ever seen,the plastics wrong and too thin,it arrived as shown.enjoy! The advert is up still with a picture of a genuine part.PS its a front wing liner right side below the headlight.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
270 Posts
I've got one of those awful things waiting to go back to Autodoc. The brand was Prasco. Utter garbage, just like you say. The postage back to Germany will be more than I paid for it, but thankfully I paid by PayPal so PayPal will refund that.

·
Registered
04 325XIT 05 325IT
517 Posts
Ebay was not always like this(1999) ...now?lots of garbage from beijing, you gotta pick thru the garbage to find good ones,,,Amazon is not far behind...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ebay was not always like this(1999) ...now?lots of garbage from beijing, you gotta pick thru the garbage to find good ones,,,Amazon is not far behind...
Yes its hard to be sure of the providence of car parts.Whats really annoying and convinced me to buy it is the picture in the advert which is what it should be,not what my picture shows.

·
Registered
1999 bmw 328i
87 Posts
This is so true but I wont lie there cheap turbo kits can be fun for shit cars

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 325ci
588 Posts
i've changed mine (right side) many times, twice damaged the very first time getting off my driveway, so i'm settled for cheap ebay...actually amazon (~$25) for now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe we should give the seller the benefit of the doubt and blame the recent heatwave for softening the plastic, took me a little while to figure out what that picture was of!

Ona serious note though, buying on eBay is becoming more of a pain, and for smaller parts and trim the dealer is sometimes cheaper, though they are also jacking up prices for e46 parts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just found this dealer part £ 119,998.80,hang on to these.
33 31 6 770 865 Rear Axle Carrier
33 31 6 770 865 Rear Axle Carrier
For a larger view click on the thumbnail

Shipping time: ca. 3-4 Days
Product no.: 33316770865

Manufacturer part no. (MPN): 33 31 6 770 865

£ 119,998.80
20 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs
Add to cart

• Details
Products description
parts group R19 weight 15.97 kg

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am just about to order one, also need the thermo-switch that mounts on it for the heated wiper nozzles. Someone borrowed my car and it came back missing. I was going to order from fixparts-online as I just ordered some switches from them but will wait until they arrive before I decide to order from them again. Sure have prices that are great. Located in Latvia.

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
6,585 Posts
OP, it clearly says "Brand: Unbranded" and it's a $14 - 20 fender liner that's supposedly new, and you think it's an original part?

LOL.

These fender liners are now $300+ for my M5, so I sourced a set of replicas from Latvia and had to transfer over the rubber edges and rivet them in place. They were around $50 for the set I believe. I did NOT expect them to be an original part. Yes, it's shady practice of a seller to use an OE picture for a non-OE part, but don't close your eyes blindly and ignore the rest of the listing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts