BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go. He came, he dismantled, he left (quoted by his supervisor, Jonathan). Maybe, he will come again to re-assemble.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Here you go. He came, he dismantled, he left (quoted by his supervisor, Jonathan). Maybe, he will come again to re-assemble.
Wow someone should put out an amber alert. :tsk: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The STIG and I go way back. Only I am much faster.:rofl:

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
whats he doing this time? You guys should really let me know... you could meet at the garage and bang out the work on a lift... so he doesnt have to work off jack stands... that way he doesnt need to drive to RI, and you dont need to drive to the edge of MA or is he in NH?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We changed the tensioner because I was getting belt slip on the stock tensioner. We also installed the stage 3 segmented kevlar clutch and new ltwt flywheel. I found that a rear spring perch had broken so I am waiting for a replacement to come in.

Car will stay on stands for a couple more days and then it should be done. I can't wait. No more mods.

·
It ain't cheap to be cool.
4,097 Posts
I only made a house call because Jonathan broke Georges car and he could not drive up, it would have saved at least a few hours if he came up though, less running around for tools and parts.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kind of worked out for the best though because I am still waiting on a couple of parts so we did not have to put the car together. This way I did not tie up the Stig's garage.

·
4,097 Posts
Yup true.

·
4,097 Posts
Pete I actually prefer to do a clutch with the car on jackstands, that way I can just benchpress it in and out, instead of using my back.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Pete I actually prefer to do a clutch with the car on jackstands, that way I can just benchpress it in and out, instead of using my back.
do you have an adversion against using transmission jacks??? :hmm:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, never let it be said that the STIG prefers to do things the easy way. Although to be fair, I do have less tools than he has.

We had to send Jean and Jonathan out to get tools while we worked a couple of times.

·
4,097 Posts
I like doing it by hand, I'm wierd like that....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No dave, i have all the tools you do... thats why I went ocd and took the car apart so you had to come to RI to fix it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I have to complain to the mods that Jonathan is using my id.:rofl:

·
4,097 Posts
:rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts