BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
mi casa @ technik
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Almost stock
728 Posts
sheefo2k said:

sounds good. but WYU, were u reving in first? or is that just normal?
Its called waiting for the stock clutch to 'grab' :banghead: :cry:
It only feels like that when i launch 1st hard. day to day driving, it doens't slip. Even with a few trips into redline. ;)

I guess, I just gotta get my spec clutch installed.

·
ASA NO MO
2,201 Posts
WYU hurry up and get that clutch installed, I never felt the power of the boost until I got mine put it. I punched today in 3rd gear and when I hit 4K rpm there was even more power, like the beast inside the engine just woke up. At first I thought my clutch was slipping, thats how fast the rpms where climbing. Then I realized how fast I was going :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,690 Posts
ok, here goes:

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
I wish I could get a good gain for the $$, but maybe someone will make a realiable turbo by the time my warranty runs out.

BTW, does it blow off like a turbo does when you change gears?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The "phoo fff sound"

WAW, it soulds so SWEET! Did the "phoo fff" sound come out when you changed the gear? I love that sound.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I looooove the wistling!

·
Rogue Engineering
2,426 Posts
Again Ill ask...what exactly does a slipping clutch feel like...Im trying to figure out what it means when a clutch "slips"

·
Invalid User
10,735 Posts
Straz 330Ci said:
Again Ill ask...what exactly does a slipping clutch feel like...Im trying to figure out what it means when a clutch "slips"

it just feels like your clutch isn't grabbing... it's like you have your foot on the clutch when it's not.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,426 Posts
But how does a clutch slip when your accelerating and it is disengaged...seems wierd

1 - 20 of 27 Posts