E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got my E46 M3 this week, interior is flawless up to these C pillars for the removable hardtop, and I cannot find replacements anywhere! The passenger side is rough as seen and the driver side is missing entirely. I've searched google and forum posts but if anyone has found these before or has suggestion for a new fanatic I would appreciate it!
Car Vehicle Automotive design Hood Fixture

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are looking for a new replacement, try using www.realoem.com. Type in your VIN number and search in the vehicle trim section. You should be able to find the part number you need there.

Then just search the web for the part number and there should be plenty of results.

If that doesn't work then I'm sure a local BMW dealership could help.

Regards,

Matt

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey guys, got my E46 M3 this week, interior is flawless up to these C pillars for the removable hardtop, and I cannot find replacements anywhere! The passenger side is rough as seen and the driver side is missing entirely. I've searched google and forum posts but if anyone has found these before or has suggestion for a new fanatic I would appreciate it! View attachment 940180
Try an automotive reupholstery shop. They can probably even fabricate the cardboard driver side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are looking for a new replacement, try using www.realoem.com. Type in your VIN number and search in the vehicle trim section. You should be able to find the part number you need there.

Then just search the web for the part number and there should be plenty of results.

If that doesn't work then I'm sure a local BMW dealership could help.

Regards,

Matt
Wow thanks! Yeah that was great, I found the part numbers. It's listed as discontinued so now the real search begins. I will ask BMW but might not be much I can do.
Try an automotive reupholstery shop. They can probably even fabricate the cardboard driver side.
I was actually thinking about drafting it as a 3D print if all else fails. Good idea though I will see what I can find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow thanks! Yeah that was great, I found the part numbers. It's listed as discontinued so now the real search begins. I will ask BMW but might not be much I can do.

I was actually thinking about drafting it as a 3D print if all else fails. Good idea though I will see what I can find.
You might be able to find the part on eBay, I’ve managed to find a couple of replacement parts on it for relatively cheap.

What’s the part number that you have found?

Regards,

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been searching and searching. Cannot find them. Heres the part numbers if anyone gets bored and wants to help, I'm sure some of you are part finding guru's. I'm thinking of finding someone who is a expert at 3D print and trying to fabricate me some.

Molding parts:
54215A0D8A0
54215A0D8A1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only way I’ve had luck is buying another used hardtop and robbing the better parts off of it and selling as a discount afterwards. A lot of time and money involved but was the only way since these parts don’t really exist anymore

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my HT pretty mint and glad I did since you mention these parts are hard to get. I feel the lining and panels are somewhat delicate for what it is. Don't touch unless I have to. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts