BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wanting to ask this question and im just curious. So i see other people online that are modding their cars in a whole new different way. However, the reaction to their modding takes a beating!! It seems like they all advise the same thing, csl this, vorsteiner etc. Meaning, is the csl simply the perfect car and thats the way an m3 should be modded? I like the style and vorsteiner stuff!! but I have other people asking me this question and most importantly, why are you adding csl stuff to your car if its not even right hand drive? isnt the right left hand drive? How would you guys retort to this? just curious

·
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied
27,035 Posts
Why would it have to be a right hand drive? :confused:

Germany has left hand steering wheels like 90% of the world too...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by all the pics ive seen, ive only seen them right hand drive. so if thats the case then no worries what about the modding stuff? whats your take on it?

·
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied
27,035 Posts
Well then you've only seen English CSL's.

I see the CSL as the ultimate M3, even the ultimate BMW. Visually and technically I find it hard to imagine any improvements for it, but there are a few. But there has been a thread about that already.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Plenty of left hand drive CSLs out there...

Who says that's the way an M3 should be modded? The CSL's looks are the last reason why it's the ultimate M3 (no brake ducts, 19" wheels, cough). I like the CSL as much as the next person, but the look has become very "me too" these days. To me the CSL is a special car and should be left that way... of course, YMMV. If you find the M3 lacking in the looks department in stock form, by all means go ahead and add Vorsteiner parts to it. They look great nonetheless :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
People ad CSL parts to their M3 for the same reason people ad M3 parts to their regular 3er, to make it look like a better/more desireable model. Vorstiener parts that look like OEM CSL parts are added because its next to impossible to find OEM parts for us in the states. But Vorstiener parts like their vented race hoods are deffinitly popular, but are in my opinion tacky.
the "me too" response above puts it best though - people see it, people see people getting positive attention with it, and want it too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts