BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

501 - 503 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Expert question: Does anyone know the thread size between the fuel feed line and the fuel tank outlet?

I’m suffering from hard cold start issues probably related to fuel pressure drop overnight. Thinking about adding a check valve where the tank connects to the feed line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have to go through this feed to see what info is there to help me but I have 01' 325i that I pulled the M54b25 engine and just put in a M56b25 SULEV engine. Now I have to figure out the different aspects of fuel plumbing, wiring/repinning, and any other compatibility stuff. Can't find much info up to this point.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm writing since I can not tell if the extended warranty you reference. Mine is a 2004 325Ci Convertible SULEV according to realoem.com. The car only about 70,000 miles, and I'm hearing a grinding noise going from reverse to drive (Steptronic Transmission, the wife has never used any of the Steptronic features). I'm now living just outside Hilton Head, SC and there is an independent German Auto Service with great reviews who are going to look at the car next Tuesday. I spend $3,000 to replace the trans on my wife's 2000 323. I'm seeing double the cost unless I buy a remanufactured one from this company at $2,868 + core charge but Free Shipping.
Any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
ed

501 - 503 of 503 Posts