BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We took our HPF M3 to the track yesterday at PIR with the new suspension, and old DOT Hoosier's and ran some 1:19's at hitting 157mph at the end of the straights which is a bit of an improvement. We were adjusting the new suspension and diagnosing some bugs (the temporary fuel starvation problem). We think with slicks and some more suspension adjustment the car is good for 1:15's. The problem, however, is that the GTGP said they won't allow us to run in the tuner category because they said it would be unfair as our wheel-base is significantly wider with the widebody. They said we can only run in the unlimited. We aren't currently setup for the Unlimited, because the car with a full tank of gas and driver weighs 3440 lbs. This is WAY too heavy to compete with all out race cars that weigh nearly 1,000 lbs less, and we don't have time to lighten it up for the event. So we're going to pass on the GTGP this year.

It did inspire me, however, to turn our HPF M3 into a full purpose track car so we could be competitive in the unlimited category races. We have the power plant dialed, and the car handles pretty well now. Now it's time to lighten the car significantly. We're going to remove between 300-400 pounds and get it ready for next years events.

Chris.

Here's the raw Vbox logs

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/miscellaneous/m3turbokit/PIR1007_2010/VBOX/PBOX_002.DBN
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/miscellaneous/m3turbokit/PIR1007_2010/VBOX/PBOX_003.DBN

Here's our best lap so far at 1:19.

Here's the PIR track.

Here were the lap times as we were adjusting the suspension and figuring out why the car was going lean (fuel starvation)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I know you had mentioned looking at your 100-150 times in one of the other threads, I can't quite tell from the graph but is that about 7.5s for 100-150?

·
Registered
770 Posts
That's what B-dog told me on Friday. This sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts