E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
damn man. With that much mods on your car I would have thought you'd taken care of the subframe reinforcement first.
Sh1t. Must do whatever you can to fix it, even then, it'll never be the same again ;...(

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
From http://www.e46subframeclassactionsettlement.com/pdf/bmwn1faq.pdf
"11. What are the chances that my car has a Sub-Frame Condition?

BMW NA estimates that cars produced prior to February 2000 may experience the Sub-Frame
Condition at a rate believed by BMW NA to be below 2 percent. For Class Vehicles produced
beginning in February of 2000 and after, BMW NA believes the rate of Sub-Frame Conditions is
extremely low and BMW believes that it will be below 0.1 percent. Plaintiff and Class Counsel
have not adopted BMW NA's estimates or position in this regard."

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Is it $500 for labor and parts or just parts?
Is there any evidence of the tms reinforcement kit actually helping?
The kit is $150. I bought it already.
I have a friend whose dad owns a bodyshop. I think if I remove as much as I can myself and then bring to the shop for the heavy work and welding. The total cost can be within $500.
I am sure one of your friends has some connection to a mechanic. Time to kiss some ass.

I believe the kit cures the problem. I never seen a report of sub frame cracking again after the reinforcement.
It's just a matter of metal thickness and weight distribution, doesn't take a physics degree to prove it actually works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.