BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...A HUGE RIP OFF!!! OMG....I was just reading about it in Car and Driver.....perfomance wise...it did NOTHING. Still did a 13.2 quarter mile time like STOCK. But it did improve in handling @ .96 in the Skidpad. BUT for 17 GRAND for the Dinan S2-M3 package....SCREW THAT.....Id rather get Blue Balls. It only gave the M3 28 more HP and got rid of the governor. But no way in hell am I gonna get that package now. Screw Dinan! Ok...rant over.

Heres the link if you wanna read about it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=7275

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
and u are suprised by this?
:dunno:

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
alpina said:
Nothing for BMW is worth the price.
ESPECIALLY Alpina... omg, that stuff is SO over-rated and SO expencive :rolleyes: (sarcasm)

its a BMW not a civic. sure some parts are overpriced, but things are pricey for all of us who chose to buy the best, whether it be BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jason330i said:
and u are suprised by this?
:dunno:
Not really surprised...more like...outraged and disappointed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was told by a Dinan rep that aftermarket exhaust are just for show and HP claimed is useless:dunno:

If I get an M3 soon, Im definitly not touchin the engine, cus there alot of bullsh1t hype from all companies. the only thing I would look for is reducin the weight. so Ill just get an aftermarket exhaust like eisanmann, and wheels:D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Johns said:
I was told by a Dinan rep that aftermarket exhaust are just for show and HP claimed is useless:dunno:

If I get an M3 soon, Im definitly not touchin the engine, cus there alot of bullsh1t hype from all companies. the only thing I would look for is reducin the weight. so Ill just get an aftermarket exhaust like eisanmann, and wheels:D
Smart...
There's room for improvement for the suspension too. C&D felt that the Dinan M3 handles better than stock *and* has better ride.

p.s. why is this off-topic?

·
First 19" ZHP
1,437 Posts
that cl65 on the next page is sooo pimped out 604 hp and 735 torque thats just crazy

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
glad you saw thru dinann package

you can mod. your car up and get the 50 h/p and make the m3 faster than the dinann deal for less than the 17,000 period. but
like any thing you are just paying for the name.

drop in your car the 444 rear end gears and you will see a good 1/2 second time faster. for around 3,000.00 and then get

the holy three
gruppe m intake group buy for 1,200
comp. softwear 500
gruppe m exhaust with headers 4,000 and then get

a larger throttle boddyies not sure on this one but i say very thing around 12,000 all in all

and you save 5,000 and the car will be faster add a few more thousand for handerling
sway bars
rear cross brace
so3 tires
coilovers
4 wheel corner ballancing

it adds up but if you do it you can get more bang for the buck
and car will go faster and handle just as good
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: glad you saw thru dinann package

bobm3 said:
the holy three
gruppe m intake group buy for 1,200
comp. softwear 500
gruppe m exhaust with headers 4,000
WTF?? I usually agree with you bob but Gruppe M is just as overrated as Dinan.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My gruppeM was worth every penny... but I've heard people say that about dinan too, so....

·
The OG Black Roof
2,633 Posts
Gruppe M pwns Dinan....

:vinmac:

although I'm still not sure about the Gruppe M exhaust....I think your paying for it being pretty...
Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am talking abut Gruppe M for M3, specifically the intake. I think it looks cool but have yet to see a non-biased dyno chart that shows any real gains.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts