E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK HERE IS THE STORY....

I went to a well recognized dealership in So. California for my 60k mile service- Stage II or something.

Anyway, after dropping a TON of $$, my car was done with a nice little check list of all the service work performed.

Then, a day later I go to my garage and see oil all over the %$*@ place! I pop open my hood and see oil all over my engine, inside hood, and all around the oil cap.

I immediately take it back to the dealership and they take my car in right away. They said the sealer cap was broke when the mechanic was changing the oil and that is why the oil was leaking. Well, they said it was all fixed and cleaned off the oil from the engine.

Since they didn't do any paperwork on the broken cap, I called BMW of North America to log it in their computers just in case the oil on my engine caused any more problems in the future.

Now, a month later from my 60k service, my OIL LIGHT IS ON!
:banghead:

WHAT SHOULD I DO?? I KNOW I HAVE NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO DRIVING 15k since the service, or even 2k miles. HELP!! I didn't ask for any refund cause my service guy was being sympathetic.

IS there still a leak, cause I checked my oil after and it was at the normal level?
Should I demand them to fill the oil again and check for leaks.
Has this happened to anyone??
:banghead: :thumbdwn: :cry: :banghead:

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
Just have you dealer top off your oil and keep an eye on it for leaks. It's pretty common for our cars to burn oil.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Why are you even asking us!!!! Call up your dealer and have them fix the **** they broke. That is not right, and it's a good thing you called NA and logged it. Although you wouldn't happened to have goten the reps phone#? Just go back to the dealer and they should fix it.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
that lights comes on a lot for me, every few months or so. you should check your oil levels when the car is cooled, like in the morning. There are 2 notches on the dipstick that im sure your familiar with but if not, the bottom one in the min amount of oil and the top is the max amount of oil that should be in your car. You probably need about 1 and a half quarts of oil added to the car. Its cheap so it shouldnt really be that big of a deal. i would just fill it up, maybe when you took it back they didnt fill the oil back up enough so you went through enough for the light to come on. i would just refill it. go get some 5W-30 oil, i use castrol, thats what the cap says on it (BMW recommends Castrol or whatever). if it continues to come on a lot, then i would take it in and have them check for leaks. good luck

dalton

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Add some oil in there before you drive the car back to the dealership. Driving with low oil can cause serious damage to the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts