BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car drives awesome with a full tank of gas then it does with 1/2 of one. I think it has a sensor and knows when you fill up. Anyone know or have had computer programmed to trick it so it runs good all the time?

BTW. Its only a setptronic thing. It just the way it shifts in step after I fill up.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
2,036 Posts
shouldnt u feel it driving better with the 1/2 tank? I mean the car is lighter with 1/2 a tank than a full one. My car drives awesome when there is less than a quarter tank full. You can really feel that it is much lighter than the day u had a full tank.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well mine is not like that at all. Its just how if shifts is what I like. Its like gas guzzling mode I think.

·
Oaf
951 Posts
Mine feels that way too. I figured it was just psychological because in the back of my mind I know I have a full tank to play with :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see I thought it was psychological too until yesterday my friend said the car was driving better after I got gas....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe it's the gas. My old 325is used to be sluggish if I bought premium gas at Valero and would haul ass if I got premium at Chevron. I don't have enough experience in the new 330Ci but I am only using Chevron for gas now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My car drives a LOT better without a full tank. In fact, sometimes for the hell of it I will only put half a tank, just because I like it better, with less gas.

Each gallon weighs about 8 pounds, so its not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable, and funner with less gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts