BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A rival for the BMW ///M3, The CLK 55 AMG.

Well I think this car is the most beautiful coupe mercedes ever made.
BMW owners, eat this!

·
Obey my dog
2,596 Posts
how can a $46.5K M3's closest rival be a $70.6K car? Isn't that a totally different price range?

362HP girly car? :confused: the thing is a beast, don't hate it because it just happens to be beautiful, too :tongue:

·
Loves cookies
1,824 Posts
Man that car does look too girly despite its performance it still looks soft, gimme the last CLK that car had balls and it looked liked it too.

·
eXpect the uneXpected!
351 Posts
Girly? It's classy + beast power + sports....
Don't just imagine a girl driving it. Imagine a guy driving it and it will look so much better.......

·
eXpect the uneXpected!
351 Posts
Re: Re: A rival for the BMW ///M3, The CLK 55 AMG.

Dalton said:

and oddly enough you own an m3 :confused:
and that means CLK55 is better than M3.
I will not object that :D

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,617 Posts
Yea the front is pretty, back is high up and it makes it look kinda girly.

If I had to choose i'd take the m3 cuz u save cash and still get a comparable car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Don't like it. A 5.5 liter V8 making only 30 horses more doesn't impress me. Besides the previous E series were more aggressive than the new C chassis E Series. It's not that aggressive looking. I am sure lots of people in here could afford the 70K price tag but in the end it's not a drivers car. I can speak from experience - they are crap. Just my opinion of course :)

They also remind me of an accord coupe. Am I the only one with this thought?

Now if you want to talk about a HOT Mercedes then the 04 SL500 AMG - that's HOT. :) My brother's SL500 is incredible.

·
E46Fanatic
3,121 Posts
E46330ci23 said:
too girly for me
i agree. i'm not feeling the back at all. i still think the old CLK looked alot better. that's my favorite bodystyle benz :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
M3_CABRIO said:
Don't like it. A 5.5 liter V8 making only 30 horses more doesn't impress me. Besides the previous E series were more aggressive than the new C chassis E Series. It's not that aggressive looking. I am sure lots of people in here could afford the 70K price tag but in the end it's not a drivers car. I can speak from experience - they are crap. Just my opinion of course :)

They also remind me of an accord coupe. Am I the only one with this thought?

Now if you want to talk about a HOT Mercedes then the 04 SL500 AMG - that's HOT. :) My brother's SL500 is incredible.
362 hp @ 5,750 rpm
376 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm

yes... maybe 30 more hp... but, ALOT more torque...

·
Rogue Engineering
2,433 Posts
I love that CLK...its only 362 hp? How does the new E55 crank out 469

·
Registered
301 Posts
supercharged clk55 is in the works, for the current w209 chassis.....save your money now for those thinking about current clk55 and just wait a bit....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
guys.. i know i might get flamed for this, but i drove the CLK.. and the suspension feels softer than my old stock sports suspension... tires were going all over the place going around turns and the gearbox feels slushier than the BMW slushy lol.. that was my turn off with the CLK.. other than that, i think the CLK is far more superior in terms of creature comfort.. the accerlation out guns my car obviously.. but compare to an m3.. which has the faster acceleration, better (faster)gearbox, far surperior suspension.. i feel the m3 is much more of a drivers car.

to me, at age 20, the extra torque and 30 more hp doesn't justify the 20k on top of the m3 sticker price...

·
Registered
344 Posts
To each their own

I know some of the benz guys are defending their new model car with numbers, but in the end its just a persons preference and no harm done to opinion :)

I am a fan of benz's for the looks of the older E55 AMG, the new SL500. But I also have a friend who is a master benz's mechanic and has advised me to only buy benz's in the warranty stage :). Believe me my M3 hasn't been a trouble free car either.

My 01 996TT was more trouble than anything I have ever owned. Talk about a snobbish mentality when it comes to their own POS that they can't get right. Of course I am the only one experiencing problems with the turbos according to them. Spun bearings, slipping clutch, radio turning off automatically and etc. I caused all of that ya know. :) And yes I know how to drive a 6 speed ..

What is the rule... Never own the first year of something until they get it right the next year or the year after since the first year is the guinea pig stage. Look at 01 M3's - 01 745Il's ( I-Drive - sucks ), etc...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts