E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which Amp?

• RockFord Fosgate

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Kicker

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Neither, Both Sux, (Plz suggest in reply)

Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I kinda narrow down my amps I think unless you guys can suggest a better one. I was thinkin about getting a RockFord Fosgate 550x, 4 channel amp, 275w x 2 @ 4 ohm RMS.

Or Kicker KX800.4, 4 channel amp, 400x2 @ 4 ohm RMS.

So which one is the better one. I will be running 2 Alpine Type R 10inch 4ohm, 300w RMS , 1000w peak.

Which one would u get or which one would u suggest instead ot these 2.

·
yo mama
1,608 Posts
why do you want a 4 channel amp to power 2 subs? You should get either a 2 channel or monoblock. I would get a PG or PPI.. or for 1 or 2 ohm operation monoblock MTX, crossfire, or maybe ultimate digitalis.

did I reply to one of your posts like this before?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I second that - to power just subwoofers, you don't need a 4 channel amp.

I think you need to give us a price range and then we can suggest an amp. If you're driving two alpines, why not look into their mono amp? I like the look of the alpine amps.

Of course being a JL *****, I'd suggest the JL 500/1 or 1000/1 :)

Delirium said:
why do you want a 4 channel amp to power 2 subs? You should get either a 2 channel or monoblock. I would get a PG or PPI.. or for 1 or 2 ohm operation monoblock MTX, crossfire, or maybe ultimate digitalis.

did I reply to one of your posts like this before?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Price

Well the reason behind getting a 4 channel amp is the price. As I have seen through looking online it is a lot cheaper to bridge a 4 channel amp into 2 channels. Also it gives you a lot of power for a cheaper price.

My price range is $300 the most. I know thats not much to work with but thats all I have. Other mods are comming and I have to pay for there installs. So I got a great deal on the Subs and I could'nt pass it up. So right now its up too the amp.

So please give me suggests for a good $300 amp. Thx guys

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: The Price

No need to justify your budget - I wish we were all ballers like some people (looks around). I'm sure we all understand where you're coming from.

I still suggest finding a monoblock around that price range. The amp itself will be more efficient (D class amp), and will probably be better built to handle the load on the subs. I've heard of bad experience with bridging 4 channels to drive subs. You're stressing the amp all the time.

Try MTX or Fosgate at that price range.

My 2cents - Davin

325iBiMMeR said:
Well the reason behind getting a 4 channel amp is the price. As I have seen through looking online it is a lot cheaper to bridge a 4 channel amp into 2 channels. Also it gives you a lot of power for a cheaper price.

My price range is $300 the most. I know thats not much to work with but thats all I have. Other mods are comming and I have to pay for there installs. So I got a great deal on the Subs and I could'nt pass it up. So right now its up too the amp.

So please give me suggests for a good $300 amp. Thx guys

·
yo mama
1,608 Posts
for that price Id go with MTX or a JBL or try the ultimate Digitalis w/subsonic filter...

the JBL seems solid & priced nice.. and is powerful.. underrated I hear... but its ugly...oh well, you cant win em all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohm?

I don't seem to understand the Ohm part of the sub. You can either buy a 4ohm sub or a 2 ohm sub and I got a 4 ohm sub. Does that mean I have to run the subs on a 4 ohm? So that means if I get a mono block I would lose a lot of power since its at 4ohm instead of a 4 ohm right?

Also how would your hook up a mono block to 2 subs? I don't seem to understand sry for being a noob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts