E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been posting about all of the problems with my car and maybe switching either to an Infinity g35 Coupe or a 330CI with the M pkg.

I just got back from dropping my car off at the dealership off the back of a towing truck. It came off the truck cause it overheated it again!!!!! I am going to flip out on the dealer tommorow, I was just in there last week because it overheated, I was the a week before that for some other stuff, and I just got my car back 4 days ago for changing the rear brake hose.

Just out of spite I never want to but another BM again, everytime I go to fix somthing either they do a shity job or when I get it back there is another problem right away.

What do you guys think I should do, right now I'm pissed so I'll admit there is a chance I would buy another BM but I want to go test the G35 and if I like it, buy it and try and get out of my lease. My other option is obviously to just get the 330...what do I do

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanna stay with BMW but ever sice I bought my car I've had problems and I almost feel like a sucker spending $60 000 on a 330CI with the M pkg, I test drove it and it isn't that much different. Am I unique or do you guys have problems often to?

·
Go Lakers!!!
2,467 Posts
I think it's just been a horrible week/month for us BMW drivers! My xenons have problems, my friends 330ci has A/C problems and a bunch of other fanatics I've read about their problems!!! I've also read about the 330ZHP problems posted here (I think it was an RPM idle problem with the ZHP's)!!

All I can say is hang in there for now, bro! Sometimes I wish I had gotten a G35 coupe instead of my car, but then it hits me that I'm driving a BMW...enough said!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
D_Ultim8 said:
I think it's just been a horrible week/month for us BMW drivers! My xenons have problems, my friends 330ci has A/C problems and a bunch of other fanatics I've read about their problems!!! I've also read about the 330ZHP problems posted here (I think it was an RPM idle problem with the ZHP's)!!

All I can say is hang in there for now, bro! Sometimes I wish I had gotten a G35 coupe instead of my car, but then it hits me that I'm driving a BMW...enough said!!!!

You know what I'm proud to drive a bmw and everybody else seems to as well, but what I'm starting to wonder am I/we looking past TO MANY problems? Am I alone in this, I don't want to come here and start dissing bm's just cause I'm having a bunch of problems but my car is a fukin lemon

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
ierrahh said:
I've been posting about all of the problems with my car and maybe switching either to an Infinity g35 Coupe or a 330CI with the M pkg.

I just got back from dropping my car off at the dealership off the back of a towing truck. It came off the truck cause it overheated it again!!!!! I am going to flip out on the dealer tommorow, I was just in there last week because it overheated, I was the a week before that for some other stuff, and I just got my car back 4 days ago for changing the rear brake hose.

Just out of spite I never want to but another BM again, everytime I go to fix somthing either they do a shity job or when I get it back there is another problem right away.

What do you guys think I should do, right now I'm pissed so I'll admit there is a chance I would buy another BM but I want to go test the G35 and if I like it, buy it and try and get out of my lease. My other option is obviously to just get the 330...what do I do

you obviously don't know may mechanics do you? i know quite a few from various ford/gm dealerships. none of them give a rats ass about your car, period. you have one solution. do the work yourself and don't let anyone else get their fingers on it. know one will take better care of your car then you.

·
Read Only
12,638 Posts
try another dealership

i think it is not so much the car but the people who are fixing it. try another dealership and see if your problems go away if not then do what you may....
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,290 Posts
Poor quality of repair can compound any problem. Witness some of the (expensive!) half-assed dealer jobs on failed rear subframe welds.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cls1000 said:
you obviously don't know may mechanics do you? i know quite a few from various ford/gm dealerships. none of them give a rats ass about your car, period. you have one solution. do the work yourself and don't let anyone else get their fingers on it. know one will take better care of your car then you.
Obviously I don't know mechanics otherwise, ya, I would have done it myself, the point is I don't know how and I'm trying to get help figuring out what I should do to avoid having to go every few weeks

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Did you think of going to an independant mechanic who works on BMW's. I think most dealers have no clue and try to rip you off. If that does not work, maybe an Acura TL 6speed with summer tires.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.