E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my registration renewal in the mail and I have to have my car smogged at a test only station ? does anybody know a place in the bay area they recomend to have do this. I'm really selective about who I let work on my car and I don't want to be hassled for my mods and I don't think the dmv will let my regular mechanic do this

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had to take my car to a test only center. it is strange though they usually only do that for older cars. Your best bet is to try asking your normal mechanic of a test inly center near by. I'm sure if he's good then he knows someone who will take good care of your baby.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I have on the car that would possibly effect emmisions is a dinan cold air intake ( which is carb certified) and remus catback exhaust. My car should pass ok it does run a little rich but i'm not really worried about that. I'm more worried about them damaging something on my car cause I've had really bad luck with people working on my car damaging something. Even though this is just a smog check I still worry about them scratching something with my luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
the state now randomly selects cars for test only status, and also selects them on a history of failed tests for that model car. i had to do it with my s10 this year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts