E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i started at the lexus dealer. The first thing that the salesman said to me was "Lexus created the IS300 to compete with the M series of BMW" I was like no I would never compare an M to an IS300. So we start driving and the guy starts his sales pitch. "This car has 320 hp" I was like no you are wrong. So he goes on to say "Sorry I mean 220" and i was like no lets try 215.
He goes on about the racing inspired dash(which I dont really like) and tells me I can get on the throttle a bit. It feels ok, pretty fun. So he goes on to tell me that the 3 series is the only one that you can really do anything to. Said that there is hardly anything that can be added to the 5 and 7 series. Once again I told him he was wrong and that there were a ton of aftermarket companies. Finally we get back to the dealership, and he points out his car...it was a BMW 7 series. The IS300 was fun to drive, but not that great. I don't know if this guy was just plain stupid or if he was trying to work me but either way i doubt I will be buying an IS.
Next I went to BMW and test drove a 325Ci and a 330Ci. I liked how the 325Ci felt. It was nice and quick and pulled harder than the IS i think, even with 3 people in the car. Then I stepped into the 330Ci and that just felt awesome. The car felt great and quick.
Next I went to the Honda dealership to try out an S2000. I'm 18, and I was with a friend. So I walk into the dealership, and nobody even looks at us. No one comes up to us or asks us if they can help us like at the other dealerships. I assumed they think we are some punk ass kids that just want to look at a nice car. So finally I walk up to a salesperson and ask if it would be possible to test drive the S2000. He asks me if I am a serious buyer, which I guess is reasonable since I could look like I just wanted to drive the car. So the salesman goes onto tell me that "this car is not for test driving. We allow the person to test drive it right before they buy it." So I was like I want to drive it to compare it to the other cars that Im considering. So he says that unless you are going to buy the car today you can not drive it. So i said ok you are an ******* and just left. I think maybe i'll pull up to the dealer in my friend's M5 next week and ask him why BMW let me test drive a 40,000 dollar car while they cant let me even sit in a 32,000 dollar car. Perhaps I'll do some donuts in their parking lot in the M5 as well. ****ers. Anyway I went to the infiniti dealer next and drove the G35 It was a cool car, felt really quick, the shifter was nice and the suspension wasnt bad, but the car just didnt really feel like it was for me. At the infiniti dealership they had a used s2000 with an aftermarket exhaust, so i drove that and I gotta say that it was really quick and fun to drive. The saleslady that took me out to drive the s2000 got a little scared when i took the car to 9grand and would grab the dash whenever i took a corner, which i took kinda fast. Anyway I think my decision now is between a BMW 325Ci,330Ci, or an s2000. Only the S2000 is a little impractical for me to have as a daily driver. But man it sure was fun to drive.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Nice post, next time use some spaces between visits :D

Yah teh S2000 is a great car, I couldn't see having it as my only car when I'm 18 though, too many other things you are gonna want to do. And by all means if you can afford the 330 get it. A wonderful car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
As a S2000 owner I can say that you will probably not want it as your only car. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE mine and probably wouldn't trade it for any BMW roadster short of a Z8. I don't think you can go wrong with the BMW. I smile every time I drive mine, although in a different way than the S.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
nice post get the 325ci...I worked for a honda dealership from being a lot boy to manager then rep for honda last summer and they dont let anybody test drive the car....the dealership that I was at maybe gets 2 a month at the most and they put them and dont take them out of the showroom until somebody buys...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont think i would get the s2k either since it would be my only car but i'll say it again that car was so fun to drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.