E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a post a while ago where a dude taped up the front end of his car to protect it, and it seems like a perfect temporary solution. I think he was headed for a show in 'Vegas from Cali. Does anyone know who I'm talking about? It was a 3- series, silver I think. Anyone have any clue as to what kinda tape I can use that isn't gonna leave a residue all over my car? I don't want a bra, 'cause I'm afraid it might put little 'micro scratches' on my paint. I don't want Stone Guard, 'cause I rarely drive far distances, nor am I on highways and Interstates very often (hell, I live 5 miles from work). Thanks.

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, someone noticed this post! Thanks:thumbup: So can I find painters tape at a place like Home Depot?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Its not cheap but its worth it IMO.....it was 700 for the hood, bumper, mirrors, fogs, and headlights (btw if the headlight/fog housings crack w/ that stuff on them the company will replace your housings free of charge.)

The lower part of my bumper was getting pretty sandblasted and this stuff covered it all up and made it look brand new, plus the installers have to be authorized by the company (ie...training) so that they do a flawless job.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Retired
1,320 Posts
Im thinking of doing the tape thing too for a temporary solution. I plan on driving from seattle to denver to vegas to LA and back to seattle. Either this summer or next summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts