BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, since the new Z4 will not be coming out with an ///M version(at least that's what they say now). Do you think the current ecu/intake/headers/camshaft/throttlebody made by Technik will work seamlessly on a Z4? [The obvious current difference being the 6 speed, but that will be an option very soon on the newer 3 series]

I'm assuming the ecu will be the only piece that will need tweaking to compensate for the transimission? Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

After reading thru some posts it seems that a current member has the Stg 3 kit on his 330ci, I believe his name is Nick(Tornado kit) and claims the power figures are close to 300hp and that the power difference between stock and his set-up to be night and day.

I would think close to 300hp in the light Z4 will def be a serious ///M3 contender...

·
Discussion Starter #3
I was expecting a reply like that...

Yes, I am aware that I can contact him/them direct. From what I read, Samir is a very busy man and me asking a hypothetical question is overhead that Samir probably doesn't need right now. I asked it here b/c there are thousand's of members that might have a fact or opinion based response, and that's what I want to hear. As well, I was introducing the concept of comparison between a technik Stg 3 Z4 with an ///M3.

I don't know, I guess I was just tired of seeing the same core of thread topics over and over (DAE, Interior Part # needed) and thought it would be nice to introduce a new topic of conversation that couldn't be answered by using the search function...

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
In theory everything will bolt up, but I have to take measurements of the engine bay to see if the intake and headers will fit properly. Should have more info in the next few weeks once we get a Z4 in here for testing.

·
Discussion Starter #5
Technik said:
In theory everything will bolt up, but I have to take measurements of the engine bay to see if the intake and headers will fit properly. Should have more info in the next few weeks once we get a Z4 in here for testing.
Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply Samir :thumbup:

Hmm, so, the Z4 has the potential to be a beast then huh :D :D :D :D

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
bugatti212 said:
Alright, since the new Z4 will not be coming out with an ///M version(at least that's what they say now). Do you think the current ecu/intake/headers/camshaft/throttlebody made by Technik will work seamlessly on a Z4? [The obvious current difference being the 6 speed, but that will be an option very soon on the newer 3 series]

I'm assuming the ecu will be the only piece that will need tweaking to compensate for the transimission? Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

After reading thru some posts it seems that a current member has the Stg 3 kit on his 330ci, I believe his name is Nick(Tornado kit) and claims the power figures are close to 300hp and that the power difference between stock and his set-up to be night and day.

I would think close to 300hp in the light Z4 will def be a serious ///M3 contender...
I've been checking out Technik's stg III kit myself. Tempting. I want my 3.0L to be able to push close to 300 hp without spending $5K to do it. My cheap ass will find a way. So help me God. One day at a time. :eeps:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts