BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just started today and got some MicroSuede on Order and should be here anyday...:D

Well here we go..

Where does this goes?

About to remove the subs and make a new FacePlate. Moving the Subs Close together...:D

Got more stuff plan...Just wait and see! :D Should be done before and for 4ngieFest2009

·
Registered
28,986 Posts
:drool:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is another small update...:D

I removed the carpet and Faceplate. Man it was a PITA...

Here is the new faceplate that I cut out...:p About to cut the new holes tomorrow and get it ready to go back together...

Suede didnt show up today..:( So that is what is limiting me right now..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
are you gonna cover that faceplate in anything before you cover it in suede or just stick the suede directly on it?

i built a box and am still trying to decide what i wanna cover it in but i didnt know it i should just straight up cover it in material or if there was some kind of insulation or something like dynamat that i should put on it first, and then put the fabric on it..

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
are you gonna cover that faceplate in anything before you cover it in suede or just stick the suede directly on it?

i built a box and am still trying to decide what i wanna cover it in but i didnt know it i should just straight up cover it in material or if there was some kind of insulation or something like dynamat that i should put on it first, and then put the fabric on it..
Just some 3m Spray can 77 on the wood and suede on it..

Some Pics of the Sub out of the Box.

Diamond Audio D612D4 Subs

Here are some update pics. I just finish cutting out the sub holes on the FacePlate.

Also, remove the left over wood on the box for a smooth surface to put it back all together...:D

BTW the Suede is still not here..:(

Also, I will start on the new floor board tomorrow with 2 cut outs...:D

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today's Update. :D

I installed the front faceplate and reinstall the sub box for test fitting. Also built the new floor board.

Also cut out the hole for the Diamond D6 1200.1 Amp.

BTW should I cut out the other hole for the D3 500.4 Amp? And have both Amps Showing?

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
562 Posts
That looks like a really tight fit for those D6's, did you engineer the airspace? It's going to sound like sh!t if you didn't. My friend has 4 in his 300C but they all run really crappy airspace - my 2 hit way harder - but my box was so big I cut it down to 1.

Either way it's coming along good.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks like a really tight fit for those D6's, did you engineer the airspace? It's going to sound like sh!t if you didn't. My friend has 4 in his 300C but they all run really crappy airspace - my 2 hit way harder - but my box was so big I cut it down to 1.

Either way it's coming along good.
Its 1.74 cubic ft total. It hit really hard. Len likes it alot. :D I will be making him one just like this but half the size. The airspace for the sub is Dead on Even to the spec's it require for best sq.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Its 1.74 cubic ft total. It hit really hard. Len likes it alot. :D I will be making him one just like this but half the size. The airspace for the sub is Dead on Even to the spec's it require for best sq.
Good then, you'll like how they sound. I had them in a ported box before and they're insanely loud - they were pushing so much air the cones started to literally dent themselves with the seats up.

edit: I just measured my old box, they were running 1.3 each, 2.6 total. I was only pushing a 1200 watt amp though (HiFonics Brutus D-Class mono)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts