E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month's European Car...article focusing on AA's E46 superchargers :thumbup:

·
P.I.M.P.
2,417 Posts
Maybe Im the only one, but I think the lowered redline sucks....An e46 M3 is not an E46M3 without its high rev'ing engine. I'd rather take the lower hp but have the 8200rpm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMHO, the M3 was never meant to have forced induction, and not keeping it naturally aspirated ruins the beauty of the S54 engine.

If you have ever driven this car, you know how smooth the push of this engine is. It's so smooth to redline that you don't even really feel like you are accelerating that fast.
A super/turbo-charger would make it a different animal.

If you want to force feed your car, the best bet right now is a Mitsu Evo. That car with big turbos and blow off valve is siiick! But then you're driving a Mitsubishi.

So many choices, but you can't have em all.

·
Is not Persian
843 Posts
CivicRydr said:
IMHO, the M3 was never meant to have forced induction, and not keeping it naturally aspirated ruins the beauty of the S54 engine.

If you have ever driven this car, you know how smooth the push of this engine is. It's so smooth to redline that you don't even really feel like you are accelerating that fast.
A super/turbo-charger would make it a different animal.

If you want to force feed your car, the best bet right now is a Mitsu Evo. That car with big turbos and blow off valve is siiick! But then you're driving a Mitsubishi.

So many choices, but you can't have em all.
:werd: :werd: and double :werd: The M3 was never meant for FI. What other car company can boast 100+ hp/liter without FI? This is an engineering marvel, and supercharging it is just wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts