E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When on a trip in my E46 I noticed the fabric looked a little torn. Upon inspection, here was a piece of plastic which has snapped. This is on the right rear passenger side. Upon checking this forum, is this likely a batwing and interior liner replacement? (If so, I will follow the guides on the pinned thread). If it is not fixed, does it simply make the interior lining more cut or can it cause larger damage? (As with being in the second half of summer and living in a cooler climate, the roof will unlikely be down after August - if so, I would wait until the MOT before replacing)

Everything else seems ok, and no leaks etc

20210718_105601115_iOS.jpg

20210718_105606439_iOS.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's definitely a batwing replacement. I did mine a few years ago and no problems since. No need to do a liner replacement unless it's really badly torn. You can leave it alone but there's a chance the tear can get worse if you're opening and closing the top allot.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Imattiso, thought it might be, but thought best to check. The only other question is if this is the right part? Googling seems to provide this part but again, best to check. If its a reasonably quick job, I may just do it as soon as I can, just in case its an extended summer. One less stress further down the line!

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
368 Posts
Looks right to me. Did you check on realoem for part number?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appears to be, putting the listed add's number comes up with "Repair kit f column C cover insert" on RealOEM. If so, thats far cheaper than I was expecting! (Theres multiple listings at around the same price)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts