E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I want to upgrade my SUV 330xi :rofl: to coilovers, either KW or H&R. However, I heard horror stories of stock parts failing after several thousand miles of riding pretty low on coilovers. I've seen issues where the CAB, control arms, endlinks, and CV boots had to be replaced!! :yikes:

Could someone please educate me what other things I should invest in if I plan on dropping my XI with coilovers? I already know about the RSM's for good investment, but what else? Thank you!

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
About the only thing I can offer xi related is to tell you to do your homework carefully and make sure that what you buy is specifically made for the xi.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i've done some searches, but just want to make the best out of my investment to prevent any trouble in the long-run

·
Registered
19,108 Posts
do H&R sport 1" drop and get 19's rims. you'll be all set
:slap: On a xi? That's still higher than i height. I would get rear shock mounts when you get the coils and that's about it for now. Make sure you slam her down. :4ngie:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:slap: On a xi? That's still higher than i height. I would get rear shock mounts when you get the coils and that's about it for now. Make sure you slam her down. :4ngie:
thanks for the advice! Are there other means of strengthening the front? The front is much heavier and takes bigger toll in terms of suspension, so I hope there are upgrades for the front that I can purchase so it can be installed with the coilvers

·
Registered
19,108 Posts
You should be fine for now. I also replaced my sway bar end link to the Ground Control adjustable end link. I did this because the oem end link was too long and starting eating into my control arm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should be fine for now. I also replaced my sway bar end link to the Ground Control adjustable end link. I did this because the oem end link was too long and starting eating into my control arm.
thanks for the info! looks like I should upgrade the end links too :craig:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts