E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a bluetooth tcu and mic and have ordered the bluetooth antenna. But I am not sure about installing the mic.
I removed a TCU and mic from a salvaged 2005 330xi.
I removed the sunroof switch panel, but I'm not sure if I've found the correct mic connector. The connector is a 3 pin that was located in a taped loom on the pass side of the headliner next to the sunroof switch trim. However the mic connector is not exactly the same. It looks like if I filed one edge off of the 3 pin connector housing it would fit into the 2005 330xi mic. Have I found the correct connector? Am I looking in the wrong place? My car is a 2002 325xi pro date 05/02 w prewired for phone badge in trunk. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
On the vehicle connector, is there one signal wire wrapped and sheilded by a Ground? This is an audio connection and indicates you have found the correct connector. If so you can buy the correct plug and swap the pins.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had found the wrong connector, the correct one was tucked into a plastic clip above the rf corner of the sunroof switch trim. thanks for your input. I'm not sure what that other 3 pin connector was.But I'm all set now, hopefully.
On the vehicle connector, is there one signal wire wrapped and sheilded by a Ground? This is an audio connection and indicates you have found the correct connector. If so you can buy the correct plug and swap the pins.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Possibly for a rain sensor. Does it have power, ground and ibus? Ibus is White and red with a yellow dashing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts