E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Addicted to Torque!
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I took off from my house once the car was heated up and hit 7K and shifted, I hear a weird thump and then the car starts acting all crazy and crappy. I managed to get my car home since I was only 1 block away. My friend is a mechanic at an Audi dealer so he took off my intake piping and put the TB hose back on, however he spent 2 hours trying to tightent the clamp which was nearly impossible to get to. :dunno:

Does anyone know a simpler approach to tightening this clamp on the TB??? My car is outta commission until Castle Motorsports can come pick up the vehicle on their trailer and take it back to their shop for surgery. :cry:

Thanks,
J :banghead:

·
Addicted to Torque!
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TB hose is back on and better than ever! I think I mayhave been leaking boost this whole time! WOO HOO! cant wait to run into some unsuspecting peeps. :hi:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Make sure the clamp is on really tight and that the hose is perfectly straight onto the TB. If its not straight you have a bad seal and gets lose underboost. You can also get a better turbo clamp but its kinda of expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.