BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm... no response so far. Negative knowledge I take it. This is what I know: BMP Design has it listed in their catalog at $1899.95 for E30 models and $1999.95 for both the E36 and E46 model BMWs. If you know anything about BMP Design you know that their prices are outrageous to begin with. I contacted Samir at Renn-Sport and apparantly he's never heard of these either. He's going to contact the Italian company that manufactures these brakes. Perhaps he might import these himself and sell them at a much more reasonable cost. :dunno: At any rate, we now know that there's another product to chose from for anyone who's interested in doing a BBK upgrade. :thumbup:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've no personal experience with these brakes, but I've heard nothing but good things about these brakes. They're popular in the EU and britain in particular. I've seen them used on somne hi po Nip cars as well. Def. better than stock. Perhaps a search on google groups will find more info for u.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
I have heard little about Tarox stuff. What I havce heard is that their brake stuff is for people who want the big brake look. I suggest sticking with big brake kits from better known manufacturers: Movit, Brembo, AP, UUC. These are the brakes I typically see beating on at the track.

Ed

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to have a set of these on a Peugoet 1.9 205GTi...very very good brake system at a good price. Theyy are quite a popular brand over here in UK.

·
Registered
105 Posts
they are amazing brakes
i went in a car with the six piston calipers(a4)
and i have the brembo 911tt brakes on my(s4)
these brakes are great
they also have a 10 piston caliper and that is just plain nasty
i would go with them

·
Registered
668 Posts
for that same price though, you should really also consider WinnerPower. An under-rated brand, IMHO. I think people might flame me for this, but I like them. Not sure where to get them in the states, but if u do a google search on bmw and winnerpower you should find something. Also think that winnerpower is also known in the states as HPracing.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Just want to add that for $2000, StopTech should be near the top of your list. They perform at least as well as Brembo's according to C&D's testing.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, I'm going to do more research on this. Just trying to throw more options out there for fellow fanatics.

·
Sofa-king-what
2,029 Posts
TAR-OX

i'll solve you the problem..

Tarox is an italian brand of brake....they are really cool....
they will be compared to the Brembo for quality...but.... remember.. Brembo is a world wide industry.... Tarox is smaller but good anyway (..and cheaper)......

there is a 10pot caliper!!!
...I had the G88 model on my older M3......and it worked :yikes: :yikes: :thumbup:
check out the site TAR-OX

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TheRiddle said:
unfortunately the site sucks... and isn't updated to e46......
:thumbdwn:
Yeah, I found that site a while back when I was researching the brakes. They need to seriously update that joint. Hopefully Samir is looking into importing these jokers. BMP Design is offering them, but I think we can get a better deal than the price they're selling it for.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TheRiddle said:
...yup.....

tell what you're looking for.... i'm in italy... i'll help you......just a phone call 4 me....:socal:
PM me pricing (in US dollars). Application is for a 2001 E46 4 door. Thanks.

·
Sofa-king-what
2,029 Posts
there is an "upgrade kit" (for every car) where you'll choose between 4-6-10 pot caliper....

tomorrow i'll give them a call and ask for the price...

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TheRiddle said:
there is an "upgrade kit" (for every car) where you'll choose between 4-6-10 pot caliper....

tomorrow i'll give them a call and ask for the price...
Can you get pricing for a '01 325/330 four door in each category of 4, 6 and 10 calipers? Thanks. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts